Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Folks asked if we could produce our C7 Aero Package in Carbon Flash Metallic (and other body colors) as an option available along with Carbon Fiber. So, we did!

Parts are identical in fit and finish to those which are made of Carbon Fiber. Difference is the material. They are made of a high quality fiberglass, gelcoated for a durable smooth finish, and then painted with high quality Carbon Flash Metallic, and then clear. They are an identical match to the trim that comes standard on all C7 models. We can also paint parts to match body color, or leave them bare if you wish to paint them yourself.

Pricing:

CFM Splitter, painted : $799.99
CFM Skirts (Street and Race), painted: $699.99

Prices do not include S&H.

Typical lead time is 3-4 weeks (currently).

Here is a short HOW TO video showing these CFM parts being installed on a Red Z51 last week. SO EASY!
Check out our short HOW TO/PROMOTIONAL video we put together last week. This shows how easy it is to install these parts. Parts featured in video are the CARBON FLASH METALLIC pieces...

Here is a shot of a part after it got its first coat of CFM.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Currently 2-3 weeks. We have a lot of orders, and these are hand made right here locally. Others sell crap made in china and get em 100 at a time...we're not trying to compete with them.

This stuff is custom, high quality, and not cookie cutter.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For everyone who has ordered a kit, they are all in process and ship as they come off the line. Shipped a few kits last week, shipping a few this week, and next! Call us or pm if you want updates!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Typical lead time 1-2 weeks my ass lol. It's been 6 weeks since I ordered and it hasn't even shipped yet. Hope in the end it's worth it.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ordered mine a month ago and they told me 2 weeks then after two weeks I followed up and there was a lot of confusion and it was another 4 weeks I was told but who knows. Just wish they would be up front when ordering.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I am thinking of purchasing the LG kit over this vendor? has anyone compared them side by side? I was told by west coast corvette that LG is the bomb

·
Registered
463 Posts
Ordered mine a month ago and they told me 2 weeks then after two weeks I followed up and there was a lot of confusion and it was another 4 weeks I was told but who knows. Just wish they would be up front when ordering.
Totally agree. When you drop $1600+ with shipping you don't expect to wait like this. For me I need to plan a short trip to pick them up at the border plus I'm having a coating done so having an accurate time frame would help a lot.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Typical lead time 1-2 weeks my ass lol. It's been 6 weeks since I ordered and it hasn't even shipped yet. Hope in the end it's worth it.
As President of Lashway Motorsports, I would like to thank each and every person out there who has purchased or expressed interest in our Aero Kit! This is our first time venturing outside of anything other than performance products for GM engines and transmissions, and what a ride it has been. Fortunately, the products we're designed well and look great. Demand is huge, and we love to see happy customers once they install their very own kit.

Unfortunately, with high demand comes a need for even higher supply. We under-estimated how successful these kits would be, and never imagined the sales volume that we have seen. We're working with our supplier to get products out to paying customers just as fast as we can. We're two small U.S. based businesses working together to bring the world custom, hand made products for the most popular sports car out. As one would expect, some delays have occurred - most of which are simple supply and demand issues. While we refine our operation here in South Florida, we want everyone to know that we are doing our best to make sure each and every kit leaves perfect, and meets the expectations of its new owner.

If anyone, for ANY reason needs to contact us, please do so. We stand behind our products and our reputation for being one of the top Corvette shops in the United States. We're happy to try and resolve any issue big or small, and will always be here for the customer and our vendors.

If you are waiting on a kit, thank you for your continued patience. Please know that we're working as fast a possible to get you the world's most popular C7 Aero Kit!

Erik Bentley, President
Lashway Motorsports, Inc.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Totally agree. When you drop $1600+ with shipping you don't expect to wait like this. For me I need to plan a short trip to pick them up at the border plus I'm having a coating done so having an accurate time frame would help a lot.
Zimm,

I completely understand your frustration. However, you know that I have been in contact with you as to the whereabouts of your kit. I have the kit, and many others. There were imperfections in some of the finishes. I look at each and every kit, and if it doesn't pass QC, it gets sent back. Unless you want inferior products, we have to do this. Yes, the process is slow. Unfortunately I do not do anything in house except initial design, and shipping once products are delivered.

1-2 week turnaround was what I was told BY THE MANUFACTURER. Had I known it would take 4 times as long, I would have made that very clear. We are shipping these kits weekly as fast as we can. People are welcome to shop wherever they would like.

We will do our best to keep all customers informed and handle any issues that arise.

People have to be patient. This is a new vehicle and a new product. Hell, GM can hardly fulfill orders for the vehicle and are now raising the price.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am thinking of purchasing the LG kit over this vendor? has anyone compared them side by side? I was told by west coast corvette that LG is the bomb
Give us a call, I will happy to compare the two, give you accurate turn around times, and provide you with excellent service.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the feedback, and inquiries. We apologize if our responses are delayed. It is always best to call, or send a PM. We have hundreds of threads on more than 10 forums. Plus we're DAM busy so it tough to keep up and have a life!

Anyway, folks have been hearing things like we are back ordered, and having issues with our painted products. Well, I am here to tell you that we're caught up and have several fiberglass kits in stock, painted, and ready to ship. We're expecting to have stocking orders of Carbon within 2 weeks.

Also, to comment on the paint...these parts are professionally painted at a local body shop who has been in the business for over 30 years. High quality primers, base coats, and clear coats are applied and the paint is a spot on match to that of the OEM paint. We then hand wet sand, buff, and then wax to a high shine. I would eat off of these parts. People complain of rock chips - well stop HITTING objects in the roadway!

Here are some photos below of our parts in stock, or ready to be painted. You can see my dad doing the polishing, and what it looks like when we're done. This is a small US based business building hand made quality parts for the worlds most popular sports car...doesn't get better than that!

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Exactly why I xpel'd the edge....mix up some epoxy with micro balloons (hi perf bondo) feather it in, sand and repaint.....or take it to a body shop....prob 150-200 or so....fortunate you can take it off and give it to them....

·
Registered
463 Posts
Thx glen. Ill probably for now just light sand the area and touch up paint it. Murphy's law it will happen again, so when it starts to become much more noticeable due to accumulative dmg then I'll take it in and have it fixed. Having cquartz done early next month, guess I should look into the xpel thread.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts