Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just wanted to share my experience as I know they are often talked about on here.. just as a word of caution to people, take it for what it is or maybe you wont agree that im a little ticked off.

I placed an order a few weeks ago, it shipped on Friday. I was happy with the time it took for the order. This was for side skirts and a front splitter.

First problem was it came as 2 separate boxes (obviously) but was only provided 1 tracking number. That number showed 2 pieces to the shipment. The delivery day was yesterday so I took the day off in anticipation, as well as so I could sign for the delivery because they ship with delivery confirmation and fedex would NOT allow me to change it to no signature required.

Well first problem, the second box came the next day. So now I take day 2 off of work so that I can get this box as im very excited to install these products.

So already annoyed with that but that may not be their fault, likely a fedex issue as I'm sure both boxes shipped out together from c7.

WHen I placed my order over the phone a few hrs later i received an email confirmation. It had the wrong product listed. I called back and they veriifed they would change it. A day later I received no updated email so I called back, they verified it was changed (spoke to the same person that time as the first 2 times). When I got the shipment confirmation it had the WRONG product listed still. I called immediately to make sure it hasnt left yet, and that it was the correct product being shipped. I was assured it was correct regardless of what the order said.

And to my surprise, WRONG PRODUCT!

I call, and all I got was an apology and a "well try to get you the correct one out at no extra cost to you (gee thanks?) maybe by the weekend or next week."

so i have the front splitter installed which i think looks stupid without the side skirts, i dont even want to drive the car with it like that.. and ill also have a 3rd day off that ill need to take from work.

Thats not very good customer service in my opinion, and i will never deal with these guys again.

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
thanks for the review I'm in the process of looking for some side skirts and was attracted to and skeptical of the low price for the carbon fiber side skirts....usually cheap price==cheap product. Can you comment on the quality of the pieces you got?

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Twentythreemx, really sorry to hear about your disappointing experience. Modding your C7 is supposed to be fun! I just wanted to relay my experience with the C7 Carbon carbon fiber skirts. My car is a fair weather daily driver, and I looked for exposed carbon fiber skirts, knowing that they would eventually see some road rash. They were at a price point where I don't cringe if I hear gravel kick up and I'm happy with the appearance as they get plenty of compliments. Here's where we went different routes, though. I checked with two Forum Vendors that distributed them and John Rodriguez at WCC was able to give me a shipped price on the C7 Carbon GTX skirts cheaper than I could get them directly from C7 Carbon. John is happy to give SRF members a discount, just give him a call, rather than ordering online.
I bought my splitter and rear diffuser fins from Forum Vender G3 Carbon, and Alan was great to deal with as well. It's nice when you leave a message and get your call returned by the company owner!
I hope that your mods give you miles of smiles going forward! :peaceful:

·
Registered
254 Posts
Geeze..... and here I had an awesome experience with C7 Carbon for both my Carbon fiber front splitter, as well as their GTX style Carbon Fiber side skirts.... NO order issues, no delivery issues. Everything showed up the same day and was high quality. I'm happy !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
To clarify, I did fiberglass, not the carbon. I can't comment on the side skirts I received because I only unwrapped them enough to notice they were the wrong ones, but the splitter seems good. It fit nicely and evenly, the carbon flash paint looks good. The only thing about the finish is that I wish it wrapped underneath the splitter a bit more. I know nobody will ever see it, but I feel like that leaves it vulnerable to more wear vs if it was painted/cleared all around it or at least a little bit under. It goes from what you see visible, to unpainted. Maybe im just weird lol

Anyhow I cant complain about how it looks or fit. When I get the side skirts (hopefully sooner than later) I will be sure to stop back and post a pic!

·
Registered
237 Posts
Ordered mine from supporting vendor G3 carbon and had them installed by his team. Best thing I did with no regrets!

·
Registered
10,269 Posts
I also am happy with mine from G3 Carbon.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
twentythreemx, welcome aboard, it's sad when you read a members first post on SRF concerning a negative experience. It would have been great to read, the product was delivered in a day together and it looks outstanding. You lost 2-days of pay and they will try to get the correct one shipped to you at no cost!! The company should have thrown in something extra for you on the second shipment. Hope you get everything squared away and get back to wheeling your C7 masterpiece around OH. If you have additional mods planned, check out the forum vendors, they stand behind their customers and products.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
159 Posts
I had a very similar issue with Kaltech. The got the wrong product and then, when it was sorted out (two weeks later), the failed to include the proper amount of bolts. They have great products but their customer service/concern for some spending $2,000 to 3,000 with them, is poor, at best. Wont use them again and was on the verge of sending the car up there for them to do a Stage II conversion.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
twentythreemx...I feel so bad that you had such a bad experience. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with such service...or lack of. Having said that, I can only echo some of the comments stated about Alan and G3 Carbon. I wanted to get the side skirts and splitter on prior to getting Expel applied. I kind of waited until the last minute in my decision making and that put me close to the date of the Expel install. I explained my situation to Alan and he made every attempt to move my order forward quickly so that delivery would be a couple of days prior to my scheduled Expel install appointment. In the course of all of this, I spoke with Alan 3 or 4 times. He even picked up my call while he was eating lunch at a restaurant. Everything work great for me...service and quality as well as an easy install.

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts
Yes, Alan is a great guy. Hard working and great sense of humor. He drew a robot on the packing paper and for some reason that was just cool.

·
Super Moderator
3,327 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,020 Posts
G3 Carbon is the way to go!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Thanks for all the kind words, everyone. :D

To the OP:

I know it stinks, but to be honest, we've had a lot of those similar things go wrong. Not that I'm defending them, but I've had FedEx lose half-shipments, mix up two separate customer orders (A got B's splitter and B got A), and we also ship aero systems in two separate boxes, since it reduces the incidence of damage. (Surprisingly, it's also usually cheaper to send 2 smaller boxes rahtwr than one larger box)

That having been said, we ALL know things go wrong some times. What becomes important in that moment is how a business reacts.

Personally, I either refund some cash or I throw in something for free for the trouble, (Like $600 diffuser blades, when things get really out of hand) but the importantimportant thing for me is to not make it feel like you've got to argue with me over it or I'm a me how making it YOUR fault.

It can't be, because it all starts with a good faith exchange. You give me your hard-earned cash in exchange for me making, packing, and shipping you something awesome.

Your responsibility ends with handing me cash, because you've fulfilled your end of the bargain. From that point forward, it's on ME to make sure I keep up MY end of the exchange.

I try to own the screw up, directly my fault or not, and do my best to remind you how much we care more about the relationship between us than the financial aspect of it.

Most of the people in this thread have heard my voice and we've had discussons outside the C7 realm. I'd like to think they've got a genuine sense of how I'd rather make a few friends over making a few extra dollars any day of the week.

That's hard to get when buying from a company who's strategy is low cost/high volume, because it often tends to lead to the wrong kind of thinking about your clients. Some companies take a position of "well, they're not paying all that much, so they get less customer service or support since theyre spending less money with me", which is flatly a disgusting approach.

If you would, please let me know how it gets resolved with C7. If they don't take care of you to your satisfaction and you end up requesting a refund, let me know and I'd be happy to take care of you personally. I may not be able to exactly match their pricing, since their offices are in California but they're manufacturing is in Mexico (so their costs have to be lower than mine), but you'll find even in spite of the fact that we're veteran owned and operated, I pay my techs $15 an hour to start, and only sell what we personally build in-house, using only use the best materials I can get my hands on (from local mom-and-pop retailers), we're still incredibly competitive with our pricing.

PLUS I try to be ridiculously available if/when you need my help. :D

To everyone else:

Your words today are why I continue to fight the good fight.

I realize we aren't always the cheapest game in town, but I love what we do here and wouldn't trade any of it, good days or bad, for times like now when we can feel the love and appreciation for the effort we put in trying to bring you the best product you can buy for your rides.

A low cost strategy is a lazy and easy way to make money. People hold you to a lower standard because they're paying less, so it makes it fairly simple to pound cheap product down someone's throat.

That's not our bag, so I'd rather sell fewer kits that are OBVIOUS in their quality vs selling a bunch that fall short.

Oh, and for the record, we DO install everything we offer. :)

As always, I'm here if you guys need me, even if it's simply to share some advice.

Now, get some sleep, ya monkeys!!:p

Alan

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Alan, (G3Carbon), very well said!!!

SF
Rick

1 - 20 of 25 Posts