Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I picked up my new Stingray on Sat and wow it is a beauty. The car is totally different than my 06 Black vert. I am being careful not to exceed the 4500 rev level, but already can tell that it has my snort than my 06 did. Went to eat at our favorite restaurant and the owners were out before we even got out of the car and wanted to know all about her. I am getting it wrapped with the 3m Pro before I take it on any road trips. Anyone tell me about a different product that is better as I am not up on this process. How does it compare to the Expel that I have been reading about?

How do you feel about waiting until the change oil indication monitor tells you to change it? The long time between changes seems too long to me. I have seen quite a few threads about the new Hellcat. I watched the Mopar Mile High Nationals this past weekend and it ran a 12.1 118 on production tires. Doesn't seem like too much competition to the ZO6. Just my thoughts.

Have a good week.

Bill

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
How do you feel about waiting until the change oil indication monitor tells you to change it? The long time between changes seems too long to me.
I feel fine about waiting for the indicator. I'm at 49% at 4,000 miles. Car just put in storage for two months. I like following OEM guidelines. Mine will probably go for the one year oil change next Feb. I check it. Looks good. Seems like a lot of folks want to change their oil often.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Xpel has a 10 year warranty

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Bill, welcome aboard and congrats on your new C7 masterpiece!! Enjoy wheeling your Vette around WY.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
489 Posts
Congrats on your new baby

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I usually change my oil every 5k - 6k miles or when the oil life indicator says it's time, whichever comes first. I changed the original break-in oil much earlier at 1700 miles (would have done it at 1000 miles had I not been out on vacation with it) because I feel it is good to get all of the little break-in bits and pieces out of the system early and get nice fresh oil in her as soon as possible. I do my own oil changes and feel it is a small price to pay to keep my baby in good shape.

·
Administrator
16,278 Posts
Great looking TR Z51 Bill and welcome to our forum! :cool:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks to all who have replied to my post. If any of you want to drive a real drivers road especially made for a Corvette, drop me a line and I can take you on what Charles Kuralt stated is the best road in America. 200 miles of high mtn switchbacks, steep climbs and flat running, this is a great one.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts