Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer has not been able to have his 2015 orders accepted by GM as of July 31 st. I would like to know how many Canadians now have their order accepted ie registered in the system. Thanks for your assistance.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Does your dealer have current allocations? My dealer didn't get his first allocation for 9 months after the first 2014 models could be ordered.

·
Registered
579 Posts
My dealer has not been able to have his 2015 orders accepted by GM as of July 31 st. I would like to know how many Canadians now have their order accepted ie registered in the system. Thanks for your assistance.
Canadian dealers allocations are every Thursday. Dealer told me there was no Z51 or Fay allocations Yesterday. If you wanted a regular non Z51 the order would be at 2000 yesterday. Hopefully next Thursday some Z51's will be allocated.
Been waiting for almost 1 yr so far myself 1100 for life it seems.
Be prepared to wait a long time...................a very long time like May June July 2015

Reactions: Juve10

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
If you order your Vette from Steve Scherer here in Kitchener, I'll drive it out to you. It'll be broken in and ready for you to enjoy. :)
They delivered four 2014 Stingrays. I got their third one.

·
Registered
98 Posts
I do have a 2015 order with status 3000 n TPW 18thAug14. I must emphasize that this was a 2014 model year order that was automatically carried over from August 2013. Hope this info would be helpful. Good luck!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, in retrospect I should of ordered a 2014 that would of been carried over to 2015........lessons learned. I have ordered a basic coupe in Laguna Blue hoping that a basic corvette will be built faster and Laguna blue being a color not selected by many that I could get in the queue faster.....time will tell. Thanks everyone.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Thanks, in retrospect I should of ordered a 2014 that would of been carried over to 2015........lessons learned. I have ordered a basic coupe in Laguna Blue hoping that a basic corvette will be built faster and Laguna blue being a color not selected by many that I could get in the queue faster.....time will tell. Thanks everyone.
I very much doubt that colour choice matters except for the new orange . I ordered Laguna Blue after first ordering CyberGrey, then changed to White, then to LBT. Ordering the Z51 did not help for model year 2014. Depends on which dealer U ordered from and obviously their allocations.
I think Laguna Blue has got its fair share of followings/orders !

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, let me know when your corvette arrives at the dealer.

·
Registered
299 Posts
It's been 11 days (July 22) since I placed my order for a 2015 Coupe. I have had no word from my dealer.

·
Registered
341 Posts
I ordered my 2015 convertible on June 10, 2014 from Dan Wilson at Wills Chevrolet in Grimbsy, Ontario. My order went to 1100 about a month ago. My dealer only got one car last year. On July 30 I received word that Wills got allocation for my car for this fall. I'm not picking out the curtains just yet, but I have hope.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
522 Posts
Hey Grimsby Guy we are close. I have my hold position in with Wilson Niblett in Toronto and am also from Niagara...Fonthill. I was advised that it doesn't make sense right now to order before pricing comes in because allocations are not complete yet, pricing is not set and my specific configuration may change as I am set on Daytona Sunrise Orange which guarantees my order to be a Spring delivery. Whether I order now or in 2 weeks when the pricing comes down doesn't change my position in line.

I REALLY wish us Canadians could participate in the Museaum delivery/presentation option....too bad. Waiting daily for that price list...and actually waiting to see that of the base Z06 in Canada as well.

My options will most likely include the Daytona orange with Pacific package, LT3 and Z51 with auto...dependent of course on just how much of a price jump we see in Canada which could force me to the ZF1 appearance package.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Hey AllFlash. Hope to meet you someday. You can see the picture of my C3 to the left. Watch for me, I am around Niagara a lot. Usually Friday night in Welland at the Seaway Mall cruise.
I am not sure what "my hold position" means but I assume that it is what is refered to as price protection. I hope you have that while you are waiting. In the mean time, Good Luck with your wait.
I didn't realize that Canadains couldn't do the Museum thing. I know that we can go to the plant and watch the car being built because a guy from Port Colborne did that with his, last October. I didn't feel the need for that, just get me the car.
I ordered in June, still no price, but I expect it to be in in October. Wills said fall delivery
John

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hey Grimsby Guy we are close. I have my hold position in with Wilson Niblett in Toronto and am also from Niagara...Fonthill. I was advised that it doesn't make sense right now to order before pricing comes in because allocations are not complete yet, pricing is not set and my specific configuration may change as I am set on Daytona Sunrise Orange which guarantees my order to be a Spring delivery. Whether I order now or in 2 weeks when the pricing comes down doesn't change my position in line.

I REALLY wish us Canadians could participate in the Museaum delivery/presentation option....too bad. Waiting daily for that price list...and actually waiting to see that of the base Z06 in Canada as well.

My options will most likely include the Daytona orange with Pacific package, LT3 and Z51 with auto...dependent of course on just how much of a price jump we see in Canada which could force me to the ZF1 appearance package.
I went thru Wilson Niblett, if you aren't in the GM system and don't have a status code then being on hold at the dealership really means nothing other than they have your deposit. You need your order accepted by GM with a status code to consider yourself actually in line to be built. Last I talked to them they had a significant waiting list, they are a good dealership to work with but much of this is out of their control. The allocation system that GM uses is weighted heavily towards a few big dealers in the U.S. , Canadians are an after thought. Good news is it shouldn't be a problem for spring delivery, stay in touch with them and make sure you have a status code from GM by the turn of the year and you should be good to go for spring time. Count on about 3 months minimum to be built once you enter the GM system. Having dealt with WN I would go back to them, good people. Trying to work with a one off dealer in a small town, nope , wouldn't do that, WN knows Corvettes.

·
Registered
305 Posts
I went to WN and was not impressed with them. They didn't seem to really want to help, they wanted to sell me the stock orders they had coming in and wasn't really interested in a Factory order since allocations were few and far between. Didn't even help that I was a cash buyer.

I ordered from Owais at Gateway in Brampton. A smaller Corvette dealer looking to grow their Corvette business. I think they had an original allocation of 5 for MY14 but ended up selling 12 I think.

I know they already have 3 MY15 orders with TPW's. One is a LT2 Convert Z51 with a TPW of 8/11, so will be one of the first in the country. They also already sold their first Z06 allocation, and have one more allocation available.

I would definitely deal with them again, I received emails every time my order status changed so was always in the loop.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I went to WN and was not impressed with them. They didn't seem to really want to help, they wanted to sell me the stock orders they had coming in and wasn't really interested in a Factory order since allocations were few and far between. Didn't even help that I was a cash buyer.

I ordered from Owais at Gateway in Brampton. A smaller Corvette dealer looking to grow their Corvette business. I think they had an original allocation of 5 for MY14 but ended up selling 12 I think.

I know they already have 3 MY15 orders with TPW's. One is a LT2 Convert Z51 with a TPW of 8/11, so will be one of the first in the country. They also already sold their first Z06 allocation, and have one more allocation available.

I would definitely deal with them again, I received emails every time my order status changed so was always in the loop.
Quite the opposite experience I had with them, maybe it depends on the sales guy. I was a cash buyer as well, not sure that makes much difference. WN received 40+ 2014 'Vettes last year. I tried with local dealers in London and they were getting 1 maybe 2 cars a year, just not worth it as they had no idea when they could get you a car. My car was ordered in May and I received it in July. Think I have may have been an exception though when it comes to timelines as I had some help from GM Canada.

Canadian buyers should know that they are at a tremendous disadvantage compared to their U.S counterparts, Canada only received about 1000 cars for the 2014 model year. The top 5 dealerships in the U.S sold and received a 1000 in the 1st qtr this year. The big U.S dealerships jump the line and sell all they can while Canadians sit and wait. Those same dealers order for their lots (unsold vehicles) ahead of Cdn sold vehicles. The allocation system is designed to benefit those that sold a lot of 'Vettes in the past so they say, in Canada the C6 was a poor seller, mostly because our prices were 15% higher than U.S prices so history is not on our side. Now with the price decrease in the C7 in Canada relative to the C6 demand outweighs supply dramatically.

Canada is hit twice with this allocation system, first by a sales history that sucks because GM Canada charged too much for the C6 which put off a lot buyers and serious buyers went south of the border and bought used or figured out how to get a new vehicle and worked around the GM rule of not allowing U.S dealerships to sell to Cdns. Now we wait, frustrating to say the least. Glad mine is in the garage.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I am in the same boat with WN. They were happy to take my deposit to place me on a list, but since, I cannot get a return e-mail. Three days ago I sent an e-mail stating exactly what I want and stating that I wanted the order placed soonest and to be advised when they could do that by return email within 48 hrs if poss, regardless of the fact that pricing isnt set. No return yet... should I be concerned or are they stalling until pricing comes in?

Any thoughts are truly appreciated because I never thought I would suffer bad communication from a guaranteed corvette purchase.

Oh and Banjo...coming to see that car next show as I am 2 minutes from the Mall.

·
Registered
10,602 Posts
C7DriverOnt, the numbers you gave above do not agree with what has been posted elsewhere. The number of StingRays delivered in Canada from January 2014 until July 2014 were 889 (YTD - Year To Date). See this thread: http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-news/5738-c7-canadian-sales.html#post70310

Also, the largest dealer in the U.S. only sold 317 in the first quarter of this year. See this thread: http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum...ngray-sales-dealers-first-quarter-2014-a.html

I understand many Canadians are frustrated, but I think it would be best to stick to the actual numbers involved to make sure the perspective is correct.

I hope ALL Canadians can get their StingRays very, very soon! Best wishes!

1 - 20 of 154 Posts