Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
KAIJU's Build Thread | Photos, Videos & Reviews

Welcome to KAIJU's Corvette Thread. After wanting to own a Corvette for years, I picked up my dream car here in Toronto, Canada in April of 2016. The entire journey of the Corvette will be captured on camera and shared here. I wanted to start this thread with a video of unwrapping her when she arrived at the dealership:

Here is the configuration that I ordered:
2016 Corvette Stingray 1LT
Shark Gray with Adrenaline Red Seats
Navigation/PDR
Performance Exhaust
Carbon Flash Badge Package
Custom Name Plaque
Indoor Black Car Cover

Stay tuned for many more photos and videos of the car, the mods I do to it and much more on this thread. I am so thrilled to be a part of the Vette family :).

·
Administrator
16,496 Posts
thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing your future posts. Enjoy your C7!

Reactions: KAIJU

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Why I chose the 1LT Non-Z51

I started configuring my Corvette with the Z51 2LT package. Since we're up here in Canada, the price was hitting over $80k. So I started to think about What I really needed. Will I ever track my car? The answer was a resounding no. I'm very cautious with my cars so tracking was out of the question, only spirited driving. The Z51 came with bigger wheels (nicer but bumpier ride). It also came with a stiffer suspension, dry sump oil and a spoiler. I had NO use for the stiffer suspension and dry sump oil. I was trying to find a way to REMOVE the spoiler as I wasn't a fan of the way it looked. Out the window it goes. This is great...I save $$. I DID however want the NPP exhaust Z51 came with. The price was $1,380 CAD...no brainer given that aftermarket exhausts here are $3k+.
Now it came to the trim. I was so hellbent on getting the 2LT that I didn't even stop to question whether I really needed it. Let's take a look at the additional features 2LT came with:

- Matching Armrest
- Advanced Security System
- HUD
- Memory Seats
- Heated/Cooled Seats
- What else?

Thought about it and other than the Advanced Security System, I needed NONE of the other things. I was so pleasantly surprised at how well equipped even the base Corvette 1LT comes. I only wanted my seats to be red (did not like the red arm-rests or the center console). The 1LT fit the bill perfectly for me...the fact that it was even lower in $$ was a huge bonus. This is why I went from a 2LT Z51 to a 1LT Non-Z51.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I saw your video on YouTube last week or so while doing a C-7 Corvette Stingray search and now here you are, cool. Hope you enjoy your dream car to the max, they are a blast of fun.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
KAIJU, congrats on your new C7 masterpiece, cool video. Let the mods begin!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
163 Posts
Glad to see another Canadian on here! Enjoy and lets collectively hope for good weather to be able to drive our beasts!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
First mod the day I brought her home: URO Jack Pucks (Leave-In).

Made of a hard plastic..has built in clips on the sides so it stays in rather than having to put them in and remove them when done. Bevelled on the side. Looks good and supports the weight of the car when jacked without any issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
163 Posts
Where did you get those?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts