Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe I'm going to ask this, but is there a way to keep the radio going when the car is off? The stereo in the C7 is so nice that I'd like to listen to it while cleaning the car, but it only last 10 minutes after turning the car on (I'm not actually starting the car, mind you, just turning it on.)

Perhaps I just need to increase the 10 minutes in teh preferences?

-Golden.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
push the start button with your foot off the brake or clutch.....you now have 10 min use...then you need to turn on the radio again...

better than a dead batt....

·
Registered
42 Posts
If you push the start button and hold it for more than 5 seconds without pressing the clutch, or brake on auto trans, the engine won't turn over but the ignition will be fully on and the radio will stay on. I doubt a good battery would be drained in the time it takes to wash a car.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you! That's awesome. How did you figure that out? Was it in the manual somewhere? I swear I've looked for days... -Golden

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thank you! That's awesome. How did you figure that out? Was it in the manual somewhere? I swear I've looked for days... -Golden
I'm sorry, I don't know exactly when I discovered that. I think it was when I first got the car and was running through the menus and found some were not accessible without the ignition fully on.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
If you push the start button and hold it for more than 5 seconds without pressing the clutch, or brake on auto trans, the engine won't turn over but the ignition will be fully on and the radio will stay on. I doubt a good battery would be drained in the time it takes to wash a car.
Old school cars with a key had a ACC position, is there such a thing now on these push button start cars? At least in the old days ACC position only powered minimal things like windows and radio, seems like a waste to power everything in the ON position if you just want the radio ON?

·
Registered
124 Posts
In the C7 you can also just hit the radio power button without pressing the start button. That will let you detail the car without the annoying key reminder dinging at you. ;)

·
Registered
366 Posts
In the C7 you can also just hit the radio power button without pressing the start button. That will let you detail the car without the annoying key reminder dinging at you. ;)
Really? I tried this, it didn't work for me??

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

·
Registered
64 Posts
Mine doesn't work that way either.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Stick shift, need to have your foot on the brake pedal when pushing the start button to get the ACC position.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts