Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two key fobs and neither work. I changed the battery in each and still did not work. I then reprogrammed one. The fob worked for a few hours and then it was not recognized again. Is this a fob issue or computer issue?

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Welcome to our forum def0122. Please provide additional details so that we can better understand your FOB issue. How old is the battery in your C7, did use newly purchased batteries in replacing the ones in your FOBs (members have found that some of the ones they had sitting around were also dead), when you say did not work do you mean won't do any FOB functions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to our forum def0122. Please provide additional details so that we can better understand your FOB issue. How old is the battery in your C7, did use newly purchased batteries in replacing the ones in your FOBs (members have found that some of the ones they had sitting around were also dead), when you say did not work do you mean won't do any FOB functions?
The car battery is original, but the fob batteries are new, and the display reads no fob recognized.

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
The car battery is original, but the fob batteries are new, and the display reads no fob recognized.
What year is your C7? If it is more than 4 years old with the OEM battery, it could be the OEM battery needs to be replaced. Even if you engine fires up, and the battery is that old, it could be the source of your FOB issues. Other members have had similar problems.

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Yeah, your CAR itself may need a new battery soon. It is located in the trunk. Jeff has a great thread on here about the step-by-step procedure to change it out. How to change your C7 battery The stock batteries which come in the C7s usually die shortly after the three year warranty runs out. Mine only lasted a little over three and a half years, even though I did a good job keeping it on a battery tender.

Reactions: jsvette
1 - 6 of 6 Posts