Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new 2014 C7 Corvette convertible. When it was 2 days old I began having problems: the tire pressure warning would come on and then later go off, and then come on again.

More particularly, the car would intermittently not detect the remote keyless entry transmitter. Eventually it just would never detect it. On the other hand, it WOULD detect it if inserted in the slot in the steering column.

My dealer tried renewing the transmitter batteries and tried reprogramming them. No help. The service writer told me that Chevy tech help suggested replacing the transmitters, but again this was no help.

The answer was that the RECEIVER for the remotes was improperly installed, not fully seated/connected. Once this was done the system worked flawlessly. And the tire pressure warning issue went away as well.

No new parts were needed, only correct re-installation of the receiver unit.

A great car. Hope this saves somebody some heartache.

·
Administrator
16,296 Posts
I have a new 2014 C7 Corvette convertible. When it was 2 days old I began having problems: the tire pressure warning would come on and then later go off, and then come on again.

More particularly, the car would intermittently not detect the remote keyless entry transmitter. Eventually it just would never detect it. On the other hand, it WOULD detect it if inserted in the slot in the steering column.

My dealer tried renewing the transmitter batteries and tried reprogramming them. No help. The service writer told me that Chevy tech help suggested replacing the transmitters, but again this was no help.

The answer was that the RECEIVER for the remotes was improperly installed, not fully seated/connected. Once this was done the system worked flawlessly. And the tire pressure warning issue went away as well.

Welcome to our forum crossword9 and thank you for reporting this issue and straight forward solution. :cool:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
...The answer was that the RECEIVER for the remotes was improperly installed, not fully seated/connected. Once this was done the system worked flawlessly. And the tire pressure warning issue went away as well.

This good to know! A few questions: How, and who made this discovery? How long does this take to do? Does GM know about this fix now?(TSB)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
This good to know! A few questions: How, and who made this discovery? How long does this take to do? Does GM know about this fix now?(TSB)
And where is this connector so end users who are reasonably mechanically inclined can perform the "fix" without wasting a day at the dealer?

Reactions: Chip

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"Vette" mechanic at my dealer. Had tried transmitter fixes, I guess he was going to the next logical place...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Receiver is evidently "inside" quarter panel just aft of driver door. Apparently accessed via trunk with a special, or at least specific, Cornwell trim tool.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
crossword9, welcome aboard. Thanks for posting your problem and solution. It's post like this, ie problems, that keeps us well informed about our C7s. I'm glad that the problem was squared away and you're wheeling your Vette around again.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Receiver is evidently "inside" quarter panel just aft of driver door. Apparently accessed via trunk with a special, or at least specific, Cornwell trim tool.
Thanks, now all we need is for the parts diagrams to show up on OEM parts sites and it will be come obvious where the parts are.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts