Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't live in a area that gets much snow, in fact our yearly average is around 15 inches. But it snowed 5" saturday and it is killing me not being able to drive my car and I won't be able to for at least 3-5 more days. I have no idea how you folks up north do it. Storing my car ALL winter would kill me!

·
Registered
582 Posts
I’m a few hours south of you and this is killing me too! I have only been able to drive mine 3 days since picking her up last week. We didn’t get snow… we got ice instead! :(

·
Registered
31 Posts
I feel your pain…

Being able to drive the Corvette year round is one of the reasons we left Cleveland OH and Moved to Orlando...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m a few hours south of you and this is killing me too! I have only been able to drive mine 3 days since picking her up last week. We didn’t get snow… we got ice instead! :(
You in Lubbock?

·
Registered
957 Posts
It's in the 50's here today, I'm freezing! They say it is going to drop into the 30's this week....so whatever yall are getting in Texas it is heading this way....brrrrr

·
Registered
957 Posts
50's?? Here we call that a warm spell. :D and 30's means finally putting on a jacket.
Brrrr. Too cold for the Gulf Coast. I guess it is global warming.

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its going to be in the 60's this weekend so I am happy about that!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Rainy and cold here in mid-Mississippi. Tomorrow's high: 45 and raining. Wednesday's high is supposed to be 37. That just sucks. But, yeah, I guess I shouldn't complain...because at least I have my car. And I've decided to name her one of my favorite nicknames that my friends call me: "Wolvereen". (My name is Vereen)

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Rainy and cold here in mid-Mississippi. Tomorrow's high: 45 and raining. Wednesday's high is supposed to be 37. That just sucks. But, yeah, I guess I shouldn't complain...because at least I have my car. And I've decided to name her one of my favorite nicknames that my friends call me: "Wolvereen". (My name is Vereen)
Great name, unless you get confused and spring out metal nails a la Hugh Jackman or it conflicts with U of Mich. ;);) :cool:

Reactions: wareagle92

·
Registered
582 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Great name, unless you get confused and spring out metal nails a la Hugh Jackman or it conflicts with U of Mich. ;);) :cool:
I love the Hugh Jackman reference. But the Michigan reference is a problem, definitely, given that I am a huge Auburn fan. Hopefully people will notice the spelling and realize that it is my name...or they may just think that I am a really bad speller (is that a word?) LOL! :eek:

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
I love the Hugh Jackman reference. But the Michigan reference is a problem, definitely, given that I am a huge Auburn fan. Hopefully people will notice the spelling and realize that it is my name...or they may just think that I am a really bad speller (is that a word?) LOL! :eek:
A definite conundrum...:cool:

Reactions: Grandsport

·
Registered
13 Posts
Im in upstate NY right on the coast of Lake Ontario. We just got a winter storm working today and will most likely get a couple feet. My C7 should be delivered right before Christmas and the dealer is going to flatbed it to my house, directly into the garage till spring. It will be tucked in right next to my Harley lol. I'm glad the odometer doesn't record "garage miles" as ill be revving the damn thing once a day till spring lol.

·
Administrator
16,283 Posts
Im in upstate NY right on the coast of Lake Ontario. We just got a winter storm working today and will most likely get a couple feet. My C7 should be delivered right before Christmas and the dealer is going to flatbed it to my house, directly into the garage till spring. It will be tucked in right next to my Harley lol. I'm glad the odometer doesn't record "garage miles" as ill be revving the damn thing once a day till spring lol.
Actually it does. The C7 has a total engine hours and total engine revs log. I hope you have a CTEK 3300 or similar battery charger/maintainer that you will plug your Blue baby into for the hibernation.:cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Well im screwed then lol. Yes Im set with the charger. Still have the one from my Camaro SS a couple years back.

·
Registered
429 Posts
That's great service from the dealer. Once she's snuggled up the garage, and after you've gazed for a while, raise the garage door a foot or two, disable engine mgmt., and ignite! You will love the roar!

Visited my cousin in Fairport a few years ago and had a great day fishing for Northerns in Sodus Bay. We're both now in FL. You're invited.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts