Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just wrapped up our 650 HP "Boost" Package on a clean '14 Black on Black Vert.

Package includes:

D1SC Procharger Race Kit, Polished Head Unit
Stainless Works 1 7/8" Headers with new GM Gaskets
Uncatted X Pipe, Factory Exhaust
Performance NGK Iridium Plugs
Installation
Tuning

Pricing for this package starts at $6999.99, and varies depending on customers preferences - no such thing as "one size fits all" at this level of performance. We offer multiple supercharger kits from Procharger, ECS, and A&A. We also carry Stainless Works, Kooks, and American Racing Headers.

Vehicle is equipped with an Automatic transmission. Numbers and video below!

Next up for this customer is the 700 *Boost* Package which includes smaller pulley, and methanol injection.

Call us today to schedule your appointment.

Check out the video here:

A few images of the parts:

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Okay, but are any of the internals in the engine changed in order to accommodate the boost? Forged pistons, heads and maybe a cam change? From what I understand the camshaft requirements for supercharged engines require cams with wider lobe separation. And the as cast pistons found in the LT1 probably need to be replaced with forged units for longevity purposes..... I know there are many doing this with some getting away with it, while others may not.... But, I think there might be a reason why GM has chosen to install different cylinder heads, Titanium Intake valves and forged pistons in the LT4.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, but are any of the internals in the engine changed in order to accommodate the boost? Forged pistons, heads and maybe a cam change? From what I understand the camshaft requirements for supercharged engines require cams with wider lobe separation. And the as cast pistons found in the LT1 probably need to be replaced with forged units for longevity purposes..... I know there are many doing this with some getting away with it, while others may not.... But, I think there might be a reason why GM has chosen to install different cylinder heads, Titanium Intake valves and forged pistons in the LT4.
On this particular vehicle, no. It retains stock pistons, rods and crankshaft which are tested and can handle upwards of 700 RWHP without issue. Fueling is generally the limiting factor of any modified vehicle.

Now, if the customer was to ask me 'Erik, will this engine last forever just as a stock engine would and produce the same, worry free miles as a stock engine should?" - my answer would be no, or course not. You are taking something that is engineered for a specific purpose, and voluntarily making it work harder.

This is where accurate tuning, and build quality comes into play. Having the appropriate fueling and timing maps are crucial to and engines life - no matter if its N/A or FI. These engines, and their internal components are very similar to that of the LSx series of engines - something we have over 15 years of hands on experience with. If we apply what we learned from the LSx world to the LTx world, results will be very similar and power output will be excellent all while retaining longevity.

If you want to push the engine past it's mechanical limitation, then yes, forged internals, lower compression ratio, and higher octane fuel may be needed to do so. That is not to say you can't supercharge a stock LT1 and make amazing power for years and years.

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi Guys,

My question is this---> If I just added a methanol/water injection system to your standard procharger setup, could I expect an increase in power without a tune change? My issue is that I live in Arizona where it is hotter than hell much of the year. I know you guys design these systems for "everywhere", but I would think that a Meth. system would help me in the desert. There are too many GTR's and modified Z370's around me, praying for an opportunity to pass. I want to be equipped in advance, once I burn in the motor and get the Procharger installed.

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry to tell you methanol does require tuning, If you have any more questions please give us a call and ask for Josh (954) 971-4383

Thanks,

Lashway Staff

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thank you!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi I have a question.I recently had a Edelbrock E Force supercharger installed on my C7.Have you heard of hood liner not clearing,mine didn't.Edelbrock sent 4 shims to be installed by company that installed supercharger.Installed shims and still didn't clear hood liner.I have been fighting for 2 months to fix.Do you have ideas how to fix other then replacing hood.Would love to from you.You can email me at [email protected] or post on thread. thanks

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi I have a question.I recently had a Edelbrock E Force supercharger installed on my C7.Have you heard of hood liner not clearing,mine didn't.Edelbrock sent 4 shims to be installed by company that installed supercharger.Installed shims and still didn't clear hood liner.I have been fighting for 2 months to fix.Do you have ideas how to fix other then replacing hood.Would love to from you.You can email me at [email protected] or post on thread. thanks
Here is a reason why we don't prefer these units. Nothing again EB, but we've had isolated issues like this on other Vettes as well (C6), and have had to tweak or change the kit in ways that normal, non shop owning folks would not be able to complete at there home.

I have little experience with these kits on the C7, but I know that the Eforce rubs the hood liner on a C6 for sure.

Sorry I do not have more than that for you....

Only other thing you could do is lower the k member a bit to gain more clearance.

[email protected]

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Here is a reason why we don't prefer these units. Nothing again EB, but we've had isolated issues like this on other Vettes as well (C6), and have had to tweak or change the kit in ways that normal, non shop owning folks would not be able to complete at there home.

I have little experience with these kits on the C7, but I know that the Eforce rubs the hood liner on a C6 for sure.

Sorry I do not have more than that for you....

Only other thing you could do is lower the k member a bit to gain more clearance.

[email protected]
if only there were a badass carbon fiber hood that was as classy as the OEM hood with 1" more clearance in the center... hmm... ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know absolutely nothing about engine mods and have never driven anything other than stock cars, but this looks pretty appealing. How does a mod like this affect the warranty on a new Vette? And does a mod like this have practical trackday (roadracing course) applications, or strictly dragstrip?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts