Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With only 400 miles on my non Z51 automatic I have not tried to use Launch Control. A few questions. Is the Launch control on an automatic easy to set? Is it the best way to get good 0-60 time. If I am in "Drive" and stopped and floor the throttle will the tires spin? I am hoping for some decent weather here in Eastern, WA to try all these fun things out for myself.

·
Registered
463 Posts
That's all you need to do besides put it in track mode? Hold the brake and floor the gas then release the brake? Seems too easy lol

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I will have z51 this method is only available in z51 equipped c7?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Launch mode is in Competitive Driving Mode on non Z51 and it is in Performance traction Management on Z51 with Mag. I had this wrong before.

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
And mag ride she says...

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum
who is she? You are making this confusing for members, I will have z51 with mrc

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Read the manual, pages 9-45 and 9-46, it explains it in detail and yes, it's as simple as putting the car in Competitive Driving Mode (except Z51 with Magnetic Selective Ride Control) or Performance Traction Management (Z51 with Magnetic Selective Ride Control).

The confusion on whether it's available in Z51 or non Z51 cars comes from the way the manual is written. At first blush it looks like Z51 with Mag Ride is excluded. What it's really saying is the Z51 Mag Ride cars call track mode something different than cars without Mag Ride, not that the function is not available.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: Chip

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Here is a video that features a manual tranny equipped C7 Z-51 and the results of 0-60 runs using a variety of approaches.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts