Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Anyone know of a way to stiffen up the suspension on a Z51 that doesn't have magnetic ride? Short of removing the leaf springs and going with KW coilovers... is there a shock with a secondary "overload" spring that I can add to the suspension?

I have an Edelbrock blower installed and making over 600 h.p. creates a "lights up, rear down" sensation with the stock suspension setup. Once upon a time I had some PFADT coilovers on the car and had the leaf springs removed, but I've put the leafs back on and done away with the PFADT system.

Still I can lower the body on the stock leaf... and add some coil springs... or maybe a heavier sway bar? I don't think a sway bar is the answer. Not sure. Just don't want the rear to squat as much and the body to roll as much. Wish I'd spent the extra on the magnetic ride.... Any help is appreciated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,

Anyone know of a way to stiffen up the suspension on a Z51 that doesn't have magnetic ride? Short of removing the leaf springs and going with KW coilovers... is there a shock with a secondary "overload" spring that I can add to the suspension?

I have an Edelbrock blower installed and making over 600 h.p. creates a "lights up, rear down" sensation with the stock suspension setup. Once upon a time I had some PFADT coilovers on the car and had the leaf springs removed, but I've put the leafs back on and done away with the PFADT system.

Still I can lower the body on the stock leaf... and add some coil springs... or maybe a heavier sway bar? I don't think a sway bar is the answer. Not sure. Just don't want the rear to squat as much and the body to roll as much. Wish I'd spent the extra on the magnetic ride.... Any help is appreciated.
You should be able to install FE6 or FE7 springs from the Grand Sport or Z06, both have higher spring rates.

It would be helpful to determine the exact spring rates.

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
You are correct that stiffer sway bars won't help. Sway bars do nothing when both sides of the suspension are comrpessed equally.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts