Stingray Corvette Forum banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I got the platinum plan in May 2018 and it’s valid till June 2022.

As for the leak it’s not serious enough to warrant a replacement according to the GMEPP adjuster.

And because the damage (rubbing) to the shocks is from an outside source they will not cover them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WTH, the GMEPP quote that I got last week for my 2017 says: "Chevrolet Protection Plan (GMEPP) offers the same coverage as GMPP with this additional benefit: * Coverage for ride control suspension & shocks". I think you are being fed a line of B.S. unless the plan you bought isn't the same as what is being offered currently. When did you buy the GMEPP? Is it silver or platinum?

Maybe they don't care about the rubbing, which probably isn't a big deal but it appears to be leaking. Here is the what mine looked like and there were no questions asked but that is under factor warranty.
View attachment 276532
aa
I got the platinum plan in May 2018 and it’s valid till June 2022.

As for the leak it’s not serious enough to warrant a replacement according to the GMEPP adjuster.

And because the damage (rubbing) to the shocks is from an outside source they will not cover them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That leak is sufficient to replace the unit. You do not say if it was magnetic or not but I am almost positive the shocks on the non-magnetic ride are gas charged. If any gas charged will have leaked out long before that much fluid has leaked. As for the brake line/suspension rub, was there a foam rubber bushing on the line that has since fallen off. The best way to deal with the extended warranty issue is to take the vehicle to a couple of dealers and get estimates for service. If both say the repair is needed it is hard to suddenly not need it when the it is under warranty.

·
Registered
3 Posts
aa

That leak is sufficient to replace the unit. You do not say if it was magnetic or not but I am almost positive the shocks on the non-magnetic ride are gas charged. If any gas charged will have leaked out long before that much fluid has leaked. As for the brake line/suspension rub, was there a foam rubber bushing on the line that has since fallen off. The best way to deal with the extended warranty issue is to take the vehicle to a couple of dealers and get estimates for service. If both say the repair is needed it is hard to suddenly not need it when the it is under warranty.
Sorry I should mention that I worked in the industry for a very long time. During that time we partnered with both the aftermarket, GM and Ford to develop uniform inspections standards. These have been place and reviewed every couple of years for the past 2 decades. GM is part of the group that provides engineering support to any identified failures. With that out of the way the definition of a shock that required replacement is: "Leaking sufficient oil causing the oil to run down the body of the shock." There is more but that is the crux. Here is a very old version (like me) of the document. You have to be a member to access the latest so this is the best I could find.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts