Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Considering a lease, has anyone done a 3 year? That way if the C7 gets some enhancements I can swap out in a few years. If not I can just buy it out.

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
but the banks and lease companies are...see a dealer or google some brokers...be aware it will be a lease based on conventional prime conversions...

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Best lease like option is PenFed payment saver!

They use a lease like residual, take purchase price - 3/4/5yr residual = financed amount at 2.25% interest.

So on an approx $68k purchase with $15k down (my choice to put whatever I want down) financing $55k over 5yrs with a $29k residual / balloon payment, nets approx $450 payment.

At end either pay balloon, sell it or refi balance...

ImageUploadedByCorvette Stingray Forum1388062608.612936.jpg

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
yep, its a killer deal....I use it - it takes good credit, but is a great program - my payment is about $265 bucks/mo for 5 years...(financing about 30k)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Great info
Thanks!
Sorry to say I wouldn't call it a true lease if you have to buy it out in one form or another. A "leased" car is turned back to the dealer at termination with either no charge or a disposition fee of a few hunge. There is almost always an option to buy but it is only an option. As a retired dealer rep, I would not recommend either buying out a leased car or putting down much money. "Down" money does not give you any equity, whatsoever. It is nothing more than buying down the monthly payment. Better to keep the cash and pay the higher monthly payment. If at all possible, stay away from balloon payments after 36 months...no one can predict what their situation will be in three years.

When a manufacturer does not offer a lease, it means they don't want the car back. In the case of the C7, that's a dicotomy since the now published residual is pretty darn high. That means ALG or whomever is establishing a residual thinks alot of the resale value of the car...just as with BMWs, Mercedes, Acuras, etc. Sooooo, although the residual established by third parties, such as ALG, may be high, it does not agree with the manufacturers marketing plan or forecast of resale value.

If anyone wants more info, I'll be happy to help. I'm travelling right now and have limited online access until mid-week next.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Agreed not a true lease, just closest way to achieve lease like payments. Includes gap coverage as part of product.

My thought is the residual is what it is, and I will have already I put $15k into the car plus payments. I should be able to sell it at end with ease if residuals used are accurate.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts