Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still in the planning stages of a 2015 Z06. Has anyone seen the Suede option in the interiors of the C7 and if so, is it a worthwhile option to order? How does the suede hold up vs. the leather? Just curious about it. I'm also curious about the competition seats vs the standard seats on longer trips?

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have seen both. Test drove one with the suede and my SL55 AMG has a lot of it. Ultimately I did not order it as I really did not think it was worth the price having decided to go with the 3LT Napa Leather option. I don't think anyone is going to get in my car and ask "where is the suede". Napa leather should hold up as good or better in my opinion. Good leather pays off in the long run especially in the drivers seat.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
463 Posts
I think the suede options especially in brownstone look amazing, again not really worth the money but if you got it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
on my original order i had the brownstone w/the suede inserts on midnight race blue exterior.( thought it looked outstanding),got talked out of it because of the wearability thing. I think that was a mistake in retrospect, only do to the fact that this is my weekend ride and ware and tear are not much of an issue for limited usage .don't listen to ANYONE just your heart and go with whatever you feel. jmc

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you so much for your input. I'm still going through the planning stages for my dream 2015 Z06, which I was planning on going with the 3LT package anyway. Even though the Corvette provides the greatest bang for the buck from all the super cars on the market, I want to make it a posh or luxurious as possible. I'm definitely excited about the new 8-speed automatic with the paddle shifter, which I currently enjoy with my present ride. I hope GM offers the rev matching with it as wells. I'm just waiting on more information on the allocations before finding a dealership that will work with me. No need to start making deposits on a car the dealership won't even be able to get for me. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
75 Posts
it sounds as though you know what you are looking for, and thats more than half the battle. just be prepared to have a lot of patience , as this may take some time to happen and you might just be pushed to your limit . Good Luck

·
Registered
75 Posts
i just read your profile and you mention you race cars etc. Well several weeks ago while on vacation in turks, I had the pleasure of meeting a drag racer from my era I'm 65 now. His name is Joe Amada . He was quite successful against his friends like Don Garlits and kenny Bernstein and others. Just thought you might know him from years past.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i just read your profile and you mention you race cars etc. Well several weeks ago while on vacation in turks, I had the pleasure of meeting a drag racer from my era I'm 65 now. His name is Joe Amada . He was quite successful against his friends like Don Garlits and kenny Bernstein and others. Just thought you might know him from years past.
Awe yes, Joe Amado. He and Gary Ormsby were going at it in the late eighties, until Gary died from colon cancer. Gary was a pretty good friend of mine. Joe lived on the east coast there and Gary lived just a few miles away from me. I'm turning 67 in about a month and a half, so I'm retired from just about everything. I still dabble with building hot rods and work part time for Riolo Racing Engines out here. I'm not looking for this new Z06 I want to me too over the top. Whenever I feel like being annoying during the spring, summer and fall, I'll usually pull out my 1965 Cobra 427SC. That thing is not only Rude, but it's Crude and Lewd with these over the top obnoxious side pipes. It's a hoot, but I can't take it for too long and that's where the Z06 will come it. I have no doubt it'll be if not just as quick, but possibly quicker, and I'm sure it'll handle the curves even better. Not that I'd push it that hard mind you.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Enjoy whatever works for you thats great. Have fun and enjoy life, as we all have a dance card that comes to an end sooner or later (i hope your dances have been fun so far) jmc

1 - 10 of 10 Posts