Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we can believe that the C-8 will have round tail lights, is it possible that some late change will be made to ease customers into that notion? Probably not, but regardless of the fact that this topic was beat to death, I like this look. How about you? Let the flogging begin.:D
beatdeadhorse5.gif

C-7 tail lights.jpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
the traditional corvette side of me don't like 'em. the car enthusiast side of me loves the look and the style of the new tail lights. I hope they change back to round in the next couple of years, then we will have a rare year!!

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,557 Posts
The new style is settling in with me, I think it goes with the overall design of the car. I just can't see where round taillights would compliment the lines.

·
Registered
914 Posts
In any form the Corvette is a beautiful machine. It is all up to the beholder. I personally like the new tail lights, but like Ragz stated, if they go back to the round, the uniqueness of the current lights might make for some interesting bidding on these cars in the future.

Reactions: red1996lt4

·
Administrator
16,303 Posts
Why?

·
Registered
10,420 Posts
I don't know. It's a hard call for me, Chip, on the shape. I sort of like both in their own unique ways.

On the other hand, as far as color is concerned, I like the red above waaaay better than the black-out look!

·
Registered
217 Posts
On the other hand, as far as color is concerned, I like the red above waaaay better than the black-out look!
I agree. 2years ago I was on the fence with the C7, but it has taken me hook, line and sinker. I really think going back to round might only happen after a few more generations with a 'retro' look.

Reactions: red1996lt4

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
The car is angular with not a single circular radius on the car. The lights need to be angular as well.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I would never have even considered a Corvette prior to the C7, I'd still have my 2011 Camaro SS. I like the "new" look.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Not all Corvettes had round taillights.

One generation had oval and another had square.

Let the Corvette Snobs gnash their teeth about no round taillights on the C7.

If those snobs want to get technical, then no Corvette after the C1 is a true Corvette... they had fixed headlights and a straight 6 cylinder engine.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I will not buy a round tail light vette......I think the rear end is great. More modern and sophisticated

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
The car is angular with not a single circular radius on the car. The lights need to be angular as well.
One day when I was washing mine and doing the gas door I was wondering why they went round with the door? The C6 is a rectangle and I think a rectangle or trapezoid type door would have been more fitting and pretty cool.

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Been there, we discussed this issue ad nauseum.
John, come on you're an old salt, you know that you enjoy the intense discussions:)

SF
Rick

·
Registered
307 Posts
Design language changes over time. What I love most about the Corvette engineering team is that they are committed to making the lightest, most aerodynamic car possible.... even if they have to disturb previous styling cues.

·
Registered
502 Posts
...except for the fuel filler door.....

I actually love the new lights, but wonder why the fuel door could not have been designed with a more trapezoidal look??

1 - 20 of 61 Posts