Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a C7. There are points noted at the front and rear suspension where a floor jack can be used to jack up the car and then place jack stands under the lifting oval holes (with jack pucks of course).

On the C8 the only discussion/post I find is about the lifting points (oval holes). Can I get a floor jack under the C8? And where would I lift it at? The final resting place would be ON the jack stands which would be under the lifting oval holes (with jack pucks)

Thanks.
I want to learn as much as possible BEFORE I get a C8.

·
Administrator
16,094 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
711 Posts
I recommend you follow “Jerry U” on this forum. Here is his DIY of installing front splitter and side skirts on his new C8. Once you get there, you will find a list of other how to’s all in great detail.

C8/GS/C7 Mirror Proximity Alarm
Limit switch alarm warns when close to door frame

Jacking Pads for C8/GS/C7
Manual says Jacking Pads 2 1/2 inch max OD..

C8/GS/C7 Radar Power

For C7 tapped rear fuse panel. For GS tapped mirror

GS/C7 Belt Rattle
Passenger seat belt rattles against the seat back.

Aluminum C7 Chassis and Weld Repair
The C7 aluminum chassis. Includes weld repair info.

C8 Z51, GS/C7 Z51Ceramic Brake Pads

Performance Vettes have dusty brakes. These US made pads help! http://netwelding.com/Ceramic_Pads.pdf

C8/GS/C7 Z51 License Plate Frame;
Must Meet South Carolina Law

Manage GS/C7 Spilled Gas & Door Lock
Protect when filling gas. Preventing door lock failure.

GS/C7 License Plate & Cargo Lights

LED license plate light & cargo area bulbs

GS/C7 Rear Cargo Area
Rear cargo area storage device and rear protector

GS Rear Diffuser (Fits Any C7)
Rear Carbon Flash Composite Diffuser

GS/C7 Door Panel Protector
Black plastic protector prevents scuffing of door

GS/C7 Improved Cup Holder

A solution to the cup holder spilling

C8/GS/C7 Wheel Chatter/Hop

Why sharp, low speed turns with cold tires causes the front tires to chatter/hop.

Copyright by WA Technology, LLC

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
711 Posts
Here are threads started by “Jerry U” and if you click on his name you can follow him on the forum which I believe anytime he post you will get some type of alert.

So, I suspect as he always has in years past he will be sure to do a lot DIY to his new C8 and share his normal outstanding documentation of how to.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks I guess I quick looked at Jerry's post about lift points and missed the front/rear jacking points.

Its a shame both ends require removing panels before you can get a jack under there. And that's just to get the car high enough to get jack stands under the lifting ovals.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Take a look at SafeJack or JackPoint jackstands. You can use the authorized exposed lift point in conjunction with floor jack. Lift with floor jack and then "insert/replace with" the jackstand using the same contact point versus two separate ones. Google and you'll see what I mean... I have JackPoint.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have a C7. There are points noted at the front and rear suspension where a floor jack can be used to jack up the car and then place jack stands under the lifting oval holes (with jack pucks of course).

On the C8 the only discussion/post I find is about the lifting points (oval holes). Can I get a floor jack under the C8? And where would I lift it at? The final resting place would be ON the jack stands which would be under the lifting oval holes (with jack pucks)

Thanks.
I want to learn as much as possible BEFORE I get a C8.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I plan on getting race ramps to do my oil changes. If you jack it up dont jack the suspension & get a set of jack pucks & leave them on the car. The 8 is not a 50/50 weight distribution.

Measure the clearance on the car and height on a low profile jack, pretty sure NAPA has a 3 ton aluminum low profile jack.

·
Administrator
16,094 Posts
I plan on getting race ramps to do my oil changes. If you jack it up dont jack the suspension & get a set of jack pucks & leave them on the car. The 8 is not a 50/50 weight distribution.

Measure the clearance on the car and height on a low profile jack, pretty sure NAPA has a 3 ton aluminum low profile jack.
I did a new product review of a jack that will work, see Product Review- Getting jacked

Reactions: SgtMajUSMC(Retired)

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I already have a low profile jack and jack pucks for the C7. When it comes to it I'll probably get JackPoints for it and continue to use my ReverseLogic jackpucks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts