Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Just an FYI, there were two of us in our Camaro club that took them off of our cars due to the battery drain. They look good but if you don't have a daily driver they will drain that battery. I got sick of climbing through my back seat and through my trunk to open the emergency hatch. Went back to the original tail lights. Now no issues.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just an FYI, there were two of us in our Camaro club that took them off of our cars due to the battery drain. They look good but if you don't have a daily driver they will drain that battery. I got sick of climbing through my back seat and through my trunk to open the emergency hatch. Went back to the original tail lights. Now no issues.
Thanks, but I had them on my C5's with no problem.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Cool...i like the way they look, we may just have had bad sets..

·
Registered
502 Posts
I had them on my last 3 C6 Corvettes (sequential tail lights, not the brake light flasher), and had no problems. Understanding how they work, they should not cause battery drain (at least on a Corvette) unless there was another problem...acn'k speak with the same level of confidence about the Camaro.

Given the C7 taillights are indirect and not as easily removed, I would see the design being more of a challenge....

·
Registered
195 Posts
It was a bad set..since I have had them out of the car I have had no battery drain...the installer that put them in the Camaro has installed some lighting in my C7'and said that the headlights look a bit more difficult to take apart than some of the other model year Vettes.. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399510565.781093.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399510613.857170.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399510626.354201.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399510641.190494.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1399510659.616576.jpg

Reactions: 1KUIKC7 and recoto
1 - 8 of 8 Posts