Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I'll have to vote indifferent, wife is making a face, she votes dislike.

Reactions: glen e

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
I'll have to vote indifferent, wife is making a face, she votes dislike.
I'll go with indifferent because I can't bring myself to "dislike" a C7. My wife would agree with yours 100%. I would have gone with CFM stripes, but to each his own. I'm sure he/she loves it. I could swear I saw this car at a Vette show at Criswell last month, can't be too many with that combo around MD.

·
Registered
827 Posts
IMO…What the h_ll were they thinking?

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Swap the yellow calipers to red, and I would like it.

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
If they charge a "bad color match" override charge to put a red interior into a Night Race Blue exterior, then there should be a similar override charge for those red stripes on that color.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Unless I'm mistaken that's an aftermarket stripe job. Would the factory paint the stripe over an exposed CF roof?

I vote dislike, too many colors and a poor implementation of the racing stripe.

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Are the stripes red or orange? I don't mind the stripes, as any color can pretty much go with silver, but I personally wouldn't have put them on the roof if it is exposed CF. Also, I would think you would match the calipers to the stripes to get some sort of theme going on. Oh well, to each there own. Beauty's in the eyes of the beholder they say.

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
Are the stripes red or orange? I don't mind the stripes, as any color can pretty much go with silver, but I personally wouldn't have put them on the roof if it is exposed CF. Also, I would think you would match the calipers to the stripes to get some sort of theme going on. Oh well, to each there own. Beauty's in the eyes of the beholder they say.
I thought they were orange.:confused:

·
Registered
765 Posts
Dislike very much.

Then again I don't like any stripes at all. And I agree, those calipers have no business being yellow.

Reactions: MYKZDRM

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
I agree that the stripes look orange not red. And also agree too many colors.

But hey if the owner likes it than that's all that really matters. Just because I wouldn't do it doesn't mean that someone else can't.

·
Registered
269 Posts
I'll pass on this one, yellow calipers with red stripes don't mesh. Red stripe is better left in the bottle / glass, for Jamaica 'mon

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,557 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
....not sure what we're looking at here, poor picture.....ლ(ಠ_ಠლ)
Really? I see a silver C7 with orange racing stripes and yellow calipers. I believe that's what the other respondents see too. Apologize for poor picture quality.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Not for me. But, I know people that like stripes with pokadots. To each their own.

·
Registered
136 Posts
On the car, I vote ...not so much! Silver is a great color with a red interior, so you can go with red stripes, but not over the CF or clear roof. Silver with orange stripes might work depending on interior color. But in no case does the yellow calipers work with this car. But to each his own! The guy probably loves the combination.

On the other hand, that looks like "The Avenue" in White Marsh, MD. The Bel Air Corvette Club usually puts on a show there. I used to belong to that club before retiring to Florida years ago. Looks like a nice weather day in MD.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts