Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
988 Posts
Not to my taste. Personally i would tire of staring at it after a bit. Then again I'm of a certain generation that tends to a more understated appearance..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, current '16 Z06
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It's actually a wrap, color underneath is blue.

·
Registered
939 Posts
A little too bright for me but I sure would love to see the reappearance of Black Rose Metallic which I really liked. If I had known that it would be offered in 2017 I might have waited for that model year instead of getting a 2016. It, along with the similar Dark Purple Metallic, was available on C4s for a while. If Chevy offered Black rose on a C8, I might have to reverse myself and get one. --Bob

·
Registered
383 Posts
Not a fan of purple, but I do like the white lettering on the tires.

·
Registered
15 Posts
That is an amazing wrap. That must have cost a fortune. I have done a couple of wraps on off road vehicles, and know how hard it is to make look perfect, and this 'vette does look perfect.

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, current '16 Z06
9,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That is an amazing wrap. That must have cost a fortune. I have done a couple of wraps on off road vehicles, and know how hard it is to make look perfect, and this 'vette does look perfect.
Tedious hard work to make them look good, I could never do one.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I can say that I like it, but wouldn't buy it. For some reason, I like the white letter tires, but then again, I'm one of those old-timers that likes chrome wheels, although I like the black ones with this color.

·
Registered
939 Posts
I can say that I like it, but wouldn't buy it. For some reason, I like the white letter tires, but then again, I'm one of those old-timers that likes chrome wheels, although I like the black ones with this color.
Ha ha me too. Chrome wheels for me. And many years ago when I had my very first real car -- a 1965 Corvair Corsa (bought a month before Ralph Nader published his book)-- I took the hubcaps off and carefully hand painted the letters on the tires white. It was what NASCAR did in those days, so I was bona fide cool. Until I stripped the teeth off the differential with a clutch dump.Picture just before the tire letter paint.--Bob

CorvairCorsa1965 (1).JPG

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I tried those glue on white letter back in the day on a '69 'Cuda. Fail!

]

·
Registered
570 Posts
I think it looks great as a novelty and promoting a wrap business but long term it would wear on me. I like when I see the yellow C7's but I couldn't own one because it would wear on me but nothing against the color just speaking long term on certain colors I would ask myself what was I thinking.

It's weird because I think out the box and artsy but car color I am more conservative but like anything we have our favorite colors from my road bike and golf bag hanging on the wall all things white..... :)

Oh, my wife's red cayenne sits in the driveway as garage is reserved for WHITE CARS ONLY until the wife gets home and tell me I have 30 seconds to get that white SUV out of the garage NOW. LOL :)

Update: I got booted out of the garage for the Boss Lady Red Mobile next to Her Toy - Ugh Grrrrr

B5C0D7F9-EBAE-4375-BC16-DA2EA69A21CB.jpeg

·
Administrator
15,760 Posts
Love the color! May I ask how much?
The images were apparently directly taken from the selling dealer images. It is for sale at $59,897 in Frankfort, KY. You can Google it. The original body color is blue as can be seen in this image (if you click on the image it will enlarge):
1.jpeg

Interesting that the selling dealer does not mention it is a wrap nor that the original color is blue. instead lists it as Purple. The VIN is 1G1YY2D73K5111302.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts