Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new on this site and new as a vette owner also. I have a 2015 ordered with allocation and confirmation number. Dealer called today and said order will be firmed up in two weeks. with this going faster than I had expected I haven't got the info I need from others about the Lingenfelter options available that I may pursue. I spoke with them recently and they said they are waiting on parts for the magnuson supercharger and the fuel pump required to run the system that I'm thinking of going with.I'm thinking of going with the 417 and the magnuson. I would like to hear what others have done with them or if anyone has a c7 ran through there shop all ready. When I spoke with Tim the other day there I didn't get the feeling they had done very many yet. His numbers for horsepower and 1/4 mile times were in progress yet. They were very eager to get it in though. I would like to hear if anyone has any stories or info. Your help will be appreciated.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Saw a picture of a blown c7 lingerfeild 700 in this forum somewhere. .and the rumor is they didn't honor the warranty. I was thinking of doing the same to a convertible I bought. .but after that post...he'll no

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
rigger, welcome aboard and congrats on your order.

SF
Rick

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Saw a picture of a blown c7 lingerfeild 700 in this forum somewhere. .and the rumor is they didn't honor the warranty. I was thinking of doing the same to a convertible I bought. .but after that post...he'll no

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
Are you sure you aren't confusing the white Hennessy that blew up? I don't recall a Ligenfelter blowing up.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
3,667 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Ligenfelter and Calloway are class operations with real engineers on staff. Hennessy spends as much time in court as he does at the shop.......

<Edited to be a bit less inflammatory.> ;)

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
18,669 Posts
Welcome "rigger"! There are three "aftermarket" majors I would enthusiastically buy from are: Katech, Callaway, and Lingenfelter . These companies engineers extremely reliable systems/products.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you everyone. I appreciate the info. I was hoping no one had any horror stories about them. I only live 30 minutes from them and here locally they have a really good reputation for business other than being a little pricey. The salesman for them that I have spoke with has been there over 25 years and seems to be very friendly. I would just like to here from someone that has a magnuson or edelbrock 2300 system on a c7 all ready running if there is any out there. Lingenfelter offers a couple of different set ups available for the 6.2 LT1 and they offer a 417 balanced and blueprinted set up for 9k more with either supercharger too. I would love to hear if anyone has insight on if the 417 is worth the extra money or not. I have a little time it sounds like I will receive the car at the end of august. Probably will drive a month or so then send out for the winter remodel.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts