Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Nexux 6 p Android phone, which is less than one year old. I installed Android Auto on it. However when connecting the phone to one of the USB ports on the center console, I am not able to get the Infotainment system to connect to the phone. I turned Apple Play off. Still no connection. On my phone, I tried all USB connection methods (File Transfer, or Charging, or MIDI, etc.); no success. I assume the car (2016 Stingray) supports Android Auto. Has anyone got this to work?
Other than that, I am enjoying the car immensely. Will pass the 500 mile mark this week.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
843 Posts
And when you get the update shouldn't you be using Bluetooth to connect? Rather than USB.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Car Play is USB only. The press release seems to indicate Android Auto is as well:

Using either application is simple in a compatible 2016 Chevrolet. A “Projection” icon on the MyLink screen is visible when a phone is not connected, then changes to indicate either Apple CarPlay or Android Auto (whichever is applicable) when a compatible phone is connected via USB.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What does Android Auto do for the user and do you need to add the app to your phone also?

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Android Auto Document ID: 4426168

Here is a picture of the first page of GM #16-NA-042: Infotainment System Upgrade for Android Auto Feature (March 2, 2016) - GM Document ID 4426168.

If your dealer has any problem finding the update for you, give them that information.

Android_Auto.jpg

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
What does Android Auto do for the user and do you need to add the app to your phone also?
Essentially, it allows your phone to use the 8" screen on the dash as a display for, and touch screen input device to, your phone. In this way, you can use Google Maps instead of the built-in GM Navigation. There are other features as well.

Yes, you do need to add the app to your phone.

Reactions: BobH

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Does anyone know if this app will work in my 2014 Corvette?
Unfortunately, no.

Android Auto was only recently introduced for the 2016 Stingray, and my understanding is that there is no plan to circulate updates to earlier model years.

Also worth mentioning is that your phone needs to be running Android 5.0, minimum, for Android Auto support.

More about Android Auto: http://www.android.com/auto/

Android Auto App at Google Play: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.projection.gearhead&hl=en

·
Registered
10,505 Posts
Hi. Will new 2016 orders come with android play installed? Does anyone know? Thanks
It will if built after April 4, 2016. See the date in post #7 above.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts