Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Picked her up today (wife chilling in the driver seat). She is nice and dirty and not detailed in anyway just the way I wanted her. Tomorrow starts the long detailing session.:D If you are in the Shreveport/Bossier area or live in east Texas definitely hit up Blake Powell and Jessica Lesikar at Chevyland they are some of the nicest people I have met. Super fair and honest they were a pleasure to work with.

Attachments

·
Registered
582 Posts
Congrats! ;)

Reactions: H2OStingray

·
Registered
87 Posts
Enjoy the new ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nothing like a red Vette. Enjoy!

Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
104 Posts
She sure is a looker!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Why thank you, got the alarm set to wake up early have a long day of detailing ahead of me. Wash, clay, polish, sealant, wax, etc. Adams polishes hooked me up and hoping to get her clean, shiny, and most importantly protected. I will try and remember to take some before and after photos.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Nice looking enjoy brought mine home a week ago but here in New England was put to sleep for the weather. Joining my Wil Cooksey Zo6
Adams product will even make it better.
Good friend and I distribute Adams here in New Hampshire any question on product send me a PM.
Enjoy and I'm jealous that you can drive it

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Very nice. Bon Ton Roulet! A question; What sort of condition was the car in after it was unwrapped? In other words, was it wrapped in a dirty condition or had it been cleaned up before it was wrapped? Sounds like it was wrapped dirty.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Chip

When I got my car home I found that there was a layer of dirt/grease that was not removed during dealer prep. It took me several nights to remove the layer with bug and tar remover. It was a layer that you could feel when you ran your hand across the Finnish. The car did sit in a rail yard for 4 weeks. It also could have bin rapped dirty also after sitting in BG for 2 weeks.

I then recleaned the surface and then polished the surface. It made a huge difference.

During delivery it was raining and did not notice the layer of scum.

Joe

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts