Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to know dealers in your area accepting "courtesy delivery," you will need to go this web site, enter in a zip code, reconfigure the "selected box" as per below, and then a list of dealers accepting courtesy delivery will unfold.

Locate a Fleet Dealer | Advanced Search | GM Fleet

May not be 100% accurate, but will give you a good place to start.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
John,

Great find but as you say, it's a good starting point. Example, the first dealer on the list for me has delivered around 100 C7's and will not do a courtesy delivery, believing they should have gotten the sale. I'm not sure if the 2nd or 3rd dealer on the list is C7 certified so it's a place to at least get phone numbers to start your search.

Screen Shot 2014-05-08 at 1.01.55 PM.png

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Also, if you navigate through that site you can land on the model specific order books. It's a wealth of information and should have the 2015 info when it's released.

Model Information - Online Ordering Guide

·
Registered
118 Posts
Interesting that no dealers in my tri-county area do courtesy delivery. They also get few allocations that equate getting a Corvette to winning a lottery.

·
18,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited by Moderator)
And, thanks to "Corgidog1", we have another way to access dealers who do courtesy deliveries.

1). Google "courtesy delivery enrolled dealers"

2) Click on link for "courtesy delivery enrolled dealers-gm fleet"

3) This will generate an Excel spreadsheet, with dealer name, address, telephone number, and contact person. List will be by states, for those dealers as of 12/4/12 who are enrolled to do courtesy deliveries.

Note, as per above accurate comment by "mjw930," this list is a starting point, and many dealers, even on the list, will still turn you down.

I always make a personal visit when I ask, "selling" the concept, pointing out what, in addition to the PDI, you will be at that time, purchasing from them other things, such as LDO's (dealer StingRay accessories which they make a profit on the part, then another profit on the installation charges for those accessories), that you will take your car in to them for service, that you will be buying an "X" next year and you will come visit them regarding that new car purchase (if truthful), etc.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I made it a point to mention it was GM's allocation process that caused me buy elsewhere. (I knew the local dealer sold few new Corvettes...3 C7's to date.) The new cars sales manager was very open about a Z06 allocation in 2015 for his dealership was not likely. He did ask if I'd buy from him if he could get the car...but we both knew that was an extremely unlikely to happen.

·
Registered
429 Posts
John,

Great find but as you say, it's a good starting point. Example, the first dealer on the list for me has delivered around 100 C7's and will not do a courtesy delivery, believing they should have gotten the sale. I'm not sure if the 2nd or 3rd dealer on the list is C7 certified so it's a place to at least get phone numbers to start your search.

View attachment 7145
Right in the heart! Nice shot!

·
Registered
817 Posts
...the first dealer on the list for me has delivered around 100 C7's and will not do a courtesy delivery, believing they should have gotten the sale.
The dealer is pretty old school and short sighted. They would have a very tough time getting any future business from me.

I wonder why they think they "should" of gotten the sale? Squatter's rights because they are local? Miffed they did not get a nice commission? For whatever reason you chose a different dealer. You have every right in the world to spend your money where you please. The dealer just seriously handicapped themselves to get your future business in my eyes. I sold for my entire career. The world I come from says a sales organizations EARN the business they get. Once done, often that will make a customer for life, and future referrals for new clients. That mindset provided me a very nice lifestyle and a comfortable, early retirement. A dealer somehow feeling entitled to a sale is just plain unrealistic...especially in the world of the internet. Forums dealers figured out the reality of the current market...your local dealer? Well, not so much!

OK. I'm going to sit down a shut up. Well, maybe! ;)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The dealer is pretty old school and short sighted. They would have a very tough time getting any future business from me.

I wonder why they think they "should" of gotten the sale? Squatter's rights because they are local? Miffed they did not get a nice commission? For whatever reason you chose a different dealer. You have every right in the world to spend your money where you please. The dealer just seriously handicapped themselves to get your future business in my eyes. I sold for my entire career. The world I come from says a sales organizations EARN the business they get. Once done, often that will make a customer for life, and future referrals for new clients. That mindset provided me a very nice lifestyle and a comfortable, early retirement. A dealer somehow feeling entitled to a sale is just plain unrealistic...especially in the world of the internet. Forums dealers figured out the reality of the current market...your local dealer? Well, not so much!

OK. I'm going to sit down a shut up. Well, maybe! ;)
My local dealer probably isn't any different than other dealers in the top 20 for Corvette allocation. I doubt any dealer who can get enough cars to satisfy their market (Jon Hall has unsold, in stock C7's as of today on their lot). Would be happy about a courtesy delivery. I gave them a chance knowing they had the allocation to get me a car but my deal was Supplier Price, they said no. Had I been a "normal" customer willing to pay MSRP they would have gotten my business. In my case, with the GM, knowing I was getting a Supplier Deal probably would have accepted a courtesy delivery had I pushed it but since I was doing Museum delivery regardless the dealership I didn't even bother having the discussion.

I think my local dealer has it figured out, they will move around 100 C7's at full list meaning their profit will be upwards of $600,000 for the 2014 MY. They aren't losing any sleep over a handful of pissed off courtesy delivery customers. Think about it, they have the ability to get you a car at roughly the same price you would pay an Internet dealer. Why should they facilitate the Internet dealers sale? I don't have any animosity towards them, I understand their position.

At least 1 of the other Corvette certified dealers in the area who know they don't have the allocation to meet demand will do courtesy deliveries hoping to get your service business and new car business once the new model year hype subsides. I doubt this is any different than other communities.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

1 - 9 of 9 Posts