Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there some magical way to lock these windows? I know many will ask why I would need to lock windows on a sports car, but just got tint put on and had a few folks, even when told, try and put window down. I'm sure it would come in handy other times as well. Nothing in manual.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I just had mine tinted I just parked it for 3 days. It was the hardest 3 days. I believe you could pull the fuze but it might screw up the way the door opens do to the window indexing. Window going up and down when you get in and out.

CPL Mo USMC Vet

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! Your tinter said 3? Mine said 5. Urghh. He said not to worry about the indexing though. It won't screw up film during first few days.

·
Administrator
16,285 Posts
Put painters tape over the window controls on both doors. Use a perm marker first to write on them Do Not Touch. Should do the trick. Most tint places have a removable label they can put on as well.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Who did you guys have do tinting? Did they do a good job? I am in NE PA by the pocono raceway.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know up there. Used to drive up to greenwood lake a lot. Had a place called auto image in freehold nj do it. They did a great job. Almost perfect. Nothing is perfect : )

·
Registered
582 Posts
I just had mine tinted I just parked it for 3 days. It was the hardest 3 days. I believe you could pull the fuze but it might screw up the way the door opens do to the window indexing. Window going up and down when you get in and out.
CPL Mo USMC Vet
I agree! I just parked it for a few days. ;)

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
Wow...lots of overthinking here.....I tint a car every 6 months (comp car) ...like above, just don't roll down for a day or two, never had indexing/drop affect the tint at all. I've also rolled down the window a few times accidentally 20 min after tinting with no problem.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Wow...lots of overthinking here.....I tint a car every 6 months (comp car) ...like above, just don't roll down for a day or two, never had indexing/drop affect the tint at all. I've also rolled down the window a few times accidentally 20 min after tinting with no problem.
Good to know glen. I have never tinted a vehicle till now.

CPL Mo USMC Vet

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm in Las Vegas and don't know any trustworthy tinting outfits here! any help???

1 - 14 of 14 Posts