Stingray Corvette Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Group,
I'm looking for a 2LT convertible and originally limited my search to 2019 model year.
Is there any legitimate difference between earlier year Corvettes (ie. 2017 versus 2019) that perhaps I should not consider the earlier year models?
On a per year basis what should be the price differential?
Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,619 Posts
I say get the newest model year with the lowest miles that meets your specifications. One feature that that earlier model owners wish they had was Apple CarPlay which allows you to mirror your phone on the infotainment screen which didn't come until the 2016 model year and not available on the 2014-2015.

Also, earlier automatic models had the A6 before vs the A8 which both are great but I recall the earlier 2015 A8's had some issues but I believe got resolved and also a great transmission.

Lastly, used corvettes cost are at an unprecedented high level by some say 30% over true market value and the bubble will eventually burst so demand is high and inventory low so it is hard to with accuracy speak to price differential in an unprecedented seller's marketplace.

People are saying they are getting $5-10k more for a car that they bought used 2-4 yrs ago meaning they essentially drove the car for free and made money. Keep in mind, when you drive a new car off the lot it's value immediately drops 20-25% the first year and 10-15% years thereafter but if you are buying to keep and enjoy then who cares but overpaying and getting rid of in 2-3yrs then you will see the result of an inflated market that corrected itself.

Good luck finding your new to you C7 as they are awesome and very good quality and performance!!

·
Premium Member
19 Posts
In Sept 2020 I bought a 2016 C7 Z51 with 13,000 miles in Texas. I had it shipped to Massachusetts. It took me a while to find the low mileage. Overall it was a good deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
413 Posts
Folks are saying stay away from '14 or '15... my '14 (other than the infotainment screen replacement) has been a fun to drive, reliable Stingray! And almost no one knows if it's a '14 or a '19 !!! Not sure how pricing is... but there might be some "bargain priced" deals available for early years. Would be nice to have Android auto, like in my '19 Odyssey... but when enjoying the Stingray "driving experience", I don't think about it... at all.

Reactions: jsvette

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,619 Posts
I really like seeing maps and music etc on my infotainment screen so on my 2014 I did the CarPlay conversion and l love it just like in my other cars. The C7 is one of my favorite and fun to drive cars they I’ve owned.

Folks are saying stay away from '14 or '15... my '14 (other than the infotainment screen replacement) has been a fun to drive, reliable Stingray! And almost no one knows if it's a '14 or a '19 !!! Not sure how pricing is... but there might be some "bargain priced" deals available for early years. Would be nice to have Android auto, like in my '19 Odyssey... but when enjoying the Stingray "driving experience", I don't think about it... at all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts