Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a DIY for the eLSD. I like to go overboard with maintenance and will change it around 1,000 miles like is mandatory for BMW M cars. I assume there is a drain and fill plug, not sure what size wrench I'll need and the capacity of the eLSD. If anyone has done the change on the C7, holler.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
MB; Be aware that the system uses two different fluids. One is hypoid grease and the other is a hyd. fluid that controls the clutch packs. We've got a E-Diff thread, I'll find it and add a link, but there is nothing about changing fluids in it. I have wondered out loud if the hyd. fluid in the system can be, or should be, changed and so far I have not found out the answer to that question, yet.
http://www.stingrayforums.com/forum/stingray-corvette-discussions/1504-corvette-z-51-e-diff-thread.html

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was not aware of the grease. I know that in the documentation regarding preparing the car for track duty, it recommends that after 24 hours of track time that we should change the Dexron LS fluid. I assumed that it would be a simple drain and fill procedure but didn't know for sure. Sometimes, manufacturers don't give a drain, only a fill plug which is stupid but without getting under my car, I wasn't sure. I was going to buy two bottles but didn't know if that was the right amount.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts