Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just placed my order w them this week and I'm frustrated at how the projected date went from "ehhh, 6-8 weeks is typical" during the sales process to "well, do to allocations it will be March or maybe April" once I put my money down.

They are typically only getting 2-3 allocations per month and I'm currently 3rd in line. And from reading here on the forum my understanding now is there are more granular allocations which could hold me up.

Any Atlanta area dealership guidance is appreciated.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Never mind, I see it. I ordered mine through Jim Ellis. Before I put my deposit down, I anticipated a 3 month delivery. If it gets here sooner, then great, if it gets here later, then that's fine too. Gives them a chance to work the bugs out.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've had mine for nearly 3 months; VIN 03310 - for me, there were never any bugs to work out

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@ Dennis - what dealership did you go thru?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Duffy-Northpoint has 3 the last I checked, but I'd prefer to wait on what I want. If I don't get an allocation next week, I'll see what Thornton has in way of allocations.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered my Crystal Red Vert with 2LT and Nav from Rick Hendricks on 10/24 and picked up at the Museum last Saturday (12/21). Last week Hendricks had several coupes and verts on their lot.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I ordered mine from Jim Ellis in June and because I wanted fully loaded car they kept moving me down the list. Every time I talked to them I was number 3. Finally I went on the internet and found a car just like what I ordered in FL and NH. I ordered it from from FL. It was delivered on Thanksgiving and loving it.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I guess the theme here is to keep looking nationwide for what you want sitting on a lot somewhere.

What's the best site for doing that?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Have you checked the websites of the major corvette dealers in the country? I don't know if there is a central place to look, but when I was looking for someone to order from (back in June), I just googled "Corvette dealers" and several popped up: Rick Conti, Kerbeck, etc... I eventually ordered from Rick Conti, and have been very happy ever since!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So, the deposit I put down at my local dealer, that's refundable?

·
Registered
135 Posts
Jim Ellis returned my deposit within 3 days of me canceling my order. Of course they had the wish that I would have waited but understood my desire not to wait another 3 months after waiting almost 6 months at that point.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Even though I ordered one and put a deposit down, I am still looking online as well. Unfortunately, I want one exactly to my specifications and there are none around anywhere.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I put an order in for the Z51. Z06 will be out of my price range unfortunately. Great seeing you on the same forums. Looks like we both have a great taste of cars!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts