Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello my name is Mike
i am new to this and I'm looking to order a 2015 for delivery in aug or sept i have talked to amoni at kerbec and he says to get back in contact with him the 1st week in july if i have not heard from him before then I'm looking for anybody with expererance on this matter to give me help with what i should be doing to get my best results to get car around the time i want

·
Registered
391 Posts
The way it was run down to me G.M.allows orders starting May 28-29. Supposely the 1st 2015 gets built I believe the 2nd or 3 rd week in Augest.Don't quote me on this.I'm trying to remember the dates on the top of my head.

·
Registered
1,166 Posts
As others have posted the last 2014 production date is August 8 and the 2015 production starts on August 11th.

·
18,670 Posts
Mike, all above info is correct, though as always GM's always reserves the right to change production dates slightly. Sent you a PM with lots more info.

Good luck.

·
Registered
533 Posts
hello my name is Mike
i am new to this and I'm looking to order a 2015 for delivery in aug or sept i have talked to amoni at kerbec and he says to get back in contact with him the 1st week in july if i have not heard from him before then I'm looking for anybody with expererance on this matter to give me help with what i should be doing to get my best results to get car around the time i want
I'm in the same boat as you. I have had my deposit on my 2015 since Feb. I was told the pricing guide should be out late May and first order June 28th. 1st build date Aug. 11th.
As most will tell you its about alloacition, I'm #1 with my dealer which is in the Top 60 or so but that means little of a guarantee of a Sept. delivery.

·
18,670 Posts
FCCCVP, you are correct, that even top allocation at a large dealer can become secondary to a wide variety of factors. As one example, I was priority # 56 on a top, top dealer's C6 Z06 priority list, yet car my car was not only delivered ahead of all the other 55 ahead of me at that dealership, but delivered ahead of all but six other C6 Z06's from all other top dealerships in the entire country.

Why? I ordered silver painted wheels and all 55 others ahead of me had ordered polished wheels, when GM, seeing the quality of the polished wheels submitted by a new-to-GM supplier, rejected the first batch of hundreds of polished wheels for poor quality. My standard, no-option, silver painted wheels moved me ahead of all polished ones. So many factors, none of which we get to control.

However, FCCCVP, here's to all the luck falling your way, and your getting your '15 StingRay way up front -- just as a fellow forum member, CyberVette, lucked out, and got his 2014 StingRay the next day after Rick Hendrick got his last September -- ahead of all other 2014 StingRays.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I was told by someone on this forum to check out
Tommy Jr @ Macmulkin to get myself on there pre order list and so I did about 1 hr later i got a call from Mark Makarewicz he told me what i needed to do and now I'm #6 on there list i am now on cloud 9 I know there is still a lot of time but its the first step of what I'm sure will be a great ride and if anyone has more tips please let me know

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
also looking on these pages i have found that there are some options that you can get a much better price on the internet such as the luggage a lot cheaper is it important to by these with the car so they are on order sheet for future value of auto or is it better to get options after getting auto at lower prices

·
18,670 Posts
"grilloz," great news!!! Mark M @ MacMulkin is a really good person. Annie and I met Mark before even meeting Tommy; in fact he introduced us. Mark will take really good care of your upcoming order, all the way to delivery! With their huge allocation, and your being #6, you will be getting your 2015 darn early! Heck their weekly allocation averages more than three times that!

·
Registered
305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
elegant I so hope that is true with the early delivery as that is the same thing Mark said I am going to have a tuff time waiting but it will be worth the wait

·
18,670 Posts
Nothing is a straight mathematical progression. Life never is, nor is Corvette delivery. For example we have learned that Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic is a "delayed availability," but does that mean one week, three weeks? And, as posted elsewhere, one never knows which options GM will want to get out into the public first. Maybe cars with PDR and 8-speed autos?

Understand long waits, for just about to reach the one year milestone of having my deposit in with MacMulkin for my '15 Z. From there, who knows, another nine months till delivery?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Nothing is a straight mathematical progression. Life never is, nor is Corvette delivery. For example we have learned that Daytona Sunrise Orange Metallic is a "delayed availability," but does that mean one week, three weeks? And, as posted elsewhere, one never knows which options GM will want to get out into the public first. Maybe cars with PDR and 8-speed autos?

Understand long waits, for just about to reach the one year milestone of having my deposit in with MacMulkin for my '15 Z. From there, who knows, another nine months till delivery?
Well I would hope that the people like me with a Deposit made October 2013 would get them 1st regardless of the dealer and country. :cool:

·
Registered
46 Posts
I was told by someone on this forum to check out
Tommy Jr @ Macmulkin to get myself on there pre order list and so I did about 1 hr later i got a call from Mark Makarewicz he told me what i needed to do and now I'm #6 on there list i am now on cloud 9 I know there is still a lot of time but its the first step of what I'm sure will be a great ride and if anyone has more tips please let me know
I have purchased 3 Corvettes from Tommy at MacMulkin, the dealership is great to do business with.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts