Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Although the main site isn't updated the build site is. Now, if I can find one in stock at the old price with a dealer willing to sell it at supplier I'm golden (not holding my breath).

IMG_0032.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: U.S. Marine

·
Registered
237 Posts
????

Sent from my iPhone using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Mark, where do you go to get supplier pricing? I know the Silicon Valley company I work for qualifies, but I am not sure how to get it. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
Yes I would like to know as well, because my company is also a supplier and I always get it when I purchase locally. How do you get the screen shown?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You can start at https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/ip-vpp/. There's a link on the main page to see if your company is eligible. To create an account and generate an authorization code you will need to get your company code from your HR group.

·
Registered
237 Posts
We shouldn't lose sleep on this. Doubt it they will grant this supplier price any time soon

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
We shouldn't lose sleep on this. Doubt it they will grant this supplier price any time soon

Not sure I know who "they" are but some dealers will and some won't, that's always been the case. I haven't purchased a new American car in the last 15 years that wasn't at Supplier price or lower and I'm not going to start now. I'll just wait until stock builds up, and it will, then find a dealer willing to move inventory. I'm in no rush.

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Not sure I know who "they" are but some dealers will and some won't, that's always been the case. I haven't purchased a new American car in the last 15 years that wasn't at Supplier price or lower and I'm not going to start now. I'll just wait until stock builds up, and it will, then find a dealer willing to move inventory. I'm in no rush.
Mark, does supplier pricing reduce the profit of a dealership, or does it work like a rebate where GM eats the discount? I thought supplier pricing worked like rebates, but what you wrote above is leading me to think the dealership may have to eat the discount. Can you please clarify this for me since you have a lot of experience doing this before? Have you done supplier discounts specifically with GM before? Do all manufacturers operate the same way with respect to who eats the supplier discounts, or is GM different from, let's say, Ford?

·
Registered
237 Posts
So is the discount available or no? It's showing about 5k off MSRP on a z51 1LT... Makes no sense... But it would be nice if there is a supplier price discount. ?

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Mark, does supplier pricing reduce the profit of a dealership, or does it work like a rebate where GM eats the discount? I thought supplier pricing worked like rebates, but what you wrote above is leading me to think the dealership may have to eat the discount. Can you please clarify this for me since you have a lot of experience doing this before? Have you done supplier discounts specifically with GM before? Do all manufacturers operate the same way with respect to who eats the supplier discounts, or is GM different from, let's say, Ford?

Supplier price does impact the dealer's profit. It's the same as them selling you the car at invoice WITHOUT any back end rebates. The dealership gets a stipend, usually a few hundred dollars to process the deal but they still get all of their holdback. So, they don't lose all their profit but they don't get the markup between the supplier price (still a bit above true invoice) and MSRP. One thing they DO get is a sales credit which will affect future allocation.

With employee pricing (GMS) they don't get any holdback, the only money they make is the processing fees GM pays them to handle the transaction. Allocation is also manipulated differently but I believe it's advantageous for the dealer in the long run. Most dealers in areas where there are large GM employee populations honor and promote Employee pricing. The average dealer usually doesn't.

With both of these ALL rebates, be they factory to customer OR factory to dealer must be credited to the deal. It was this feature that allowed me to purchase a 2014 Silverado with a $38,000 MSRP for $30,500.

With both of these the dealers are not required to participate in the program but I don't know if they can pick an choose how they honor it. I've heard if they honor it for one model they should honor it for all but I don't think that's the case. For example, I've heard that one internet dealer will only honor GMS pricing (and I assume Supplier Pricing) for new orders, not for in stock vehicles.

Reactions: rdslon01

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
So is the discount available or no? It's showing about 5k off MSRP on a z51 1LT... Makes no sense... But it would be nice if there is a supplier price discount. ��

The discount is not available to the general population, you need to quality for it and get an authorization number to take to the dealer AND the dealer needs to be participating in the program. The Open House promotion GM is running this month is separate and has different model restrictions and compensates the dealers differently (I think).

Here's a link to the program rules: https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/GMVPP2/agency/pdf/rules/GM-Rules-VPP.pdf

·
Registered
237 Posts
The discount is not available to the general population, you need to quality for it and get an authorization number to take to the dealer AND the dealer needs to be participating in the program. The Open House promotion GM is running this month is separate and has different model restrictions and compensates the dealers differently (I think).

Here's a link to the program rules: https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/GMVPP2/agency/pdf/rules/GM-Rules-VPP.pdf
I do qualify that's why I'm asking..

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I do qualify that's why I'm asking..

I've just been reporting what I see on GM's website and have seen reported on other forums. You would need to contact your dealer to confirm. I haven't contacted a dealer yet because I'm still a month or 2 away from purchasing / ordering but I"m pretty familiar with the program since I've been using it since 1996.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I've just been reporting what I see on GM's website and have seen reported on other forums. You would need to contact your dealer to confirm. I haven't contacted a dealer yet because I'm still a month or 2 away from purchasing / ordering but I"m pretty familiar with the program since I've been using it since 1996.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Here's a screen print of the GM site linked in the first post on this thread. Confused, for it says, NO StingRays eligible!

John,

I know and the GMS site says the same thing though it has been confirmed by multiple dealers GMS pricing is active.

Screen Shot 2014-03-07 at 2.34.58 PM.png

I think the key here is the update date, 02/21/2014. The front end has not been updated to reflect the back end systems. And although I haven't asked a dealer directly I have seen multiple posts on other sites from people who have asked and it's been confirmed, both GMS and Supplier are now available if the dealer is willing to participate. The last part of the last sentence is the most important part, the DEALER must be willing to participate regardless what the corporate polity is.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Perhaps "Supplier Pricing Active" means you can obtain a price quote. However, the website says the Stingray is not eligible at this time, so you can't place an order or buy from stock. I knew back in October when I got my first OrderWORKBENCH what the supplier price for my order would be. That info was worth nothing, as the car wasn't, and still isn't eligible to be sold with Supplier Pricing.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Perhaps "Supplier Pricing Active" means you can obtain a price quote. However, the website says the Stingray is not eligible at this time, so you can't place an order or buy from stock. I knew back in October when I got my first OrderWORKBENCH what the supplier price for my order would be. That info was worth nothing, as the car wasn't, and still isn't eligible to be sold with Supplier Pricing.

The Workbench has always been including supplier and employee pricing and you are right, it was meaningless because the car was excluded. At the same time, when you went into the build site you could price out the Stingray but where the Supplier Price is on my screen shot it said "Not Eligible for Discounts". Yesterday afternoon that changed and the supplier price began showing up in the GM employee build site. Perhaps it's a coding error and it shouldn't show up, maybe since GMS was enabled it flowed into the Supplier side by mistake, no one outside of the dealers and GM know for sure.

Like I said before, others have reported they confirmed GMS and Supplier is now available through dealers. Suposedly dealers received notification of GMS pricing being enabled last Friday. The Supplier pricing was not originally reported. If I worked for a dealer I could check it in 10 seconds but I'm not so I have to take information I get, distill it and try to pass it along as honestly as I can, which is all I've tried to do here.

It's really pretty black and white, the Stingray is either eligible for Supplier Pricing or it's not. The GM internal build site is now reporting it's available as are many on other Corvette forums. If it's not then GM F'd up and turned it on in their site when they shouldn't have and this entire thread is moot.........

1 - 20 of 67 Posts