Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.. New to the forum but have been following along for a couple weeks.
I have a new 2015 Z51 and love it. I have a few minor issues that it seems, from my reading here, are common but overall very happy with her.

One strange thing i noticed that happened to me last night was as I was pulling out of my garage on a cold engine start (over a day passed before last start) I briefly lost all exhaust sound. She went from rumbling the interior of my garage and as i was pulling forward she went to complete silence yet she was still driving forward and then exhaust sound returned. I have my exhaust theme set to stay on "sport". Any ideas on what that was all about?

Thanks,

Vince.

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
Normal

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
It is normal and it's primarily caused by the engine dropping out of high idle. It sounds like the valves close but they don't, it's just at idle the system is quite a bit quieter than at 1000 rpm. It's all about how the sound cancels itself within the system.

Reactions: Liner Boy

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Vince, welcome aboard and congrats on your new C7 masterpiece. It is normal as posted, it does it all the time when I come driving off the highway pulling into my garage. The beast is trying to settle down.!!!

SF
Rick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts