Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Vendor
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have LOTS of allocations this week
and for the REST of the 2014 Model year!

Don't wait for your dealer to tell you
"Sorry we don't have any more allocations left."

We have LOTS of Z51 allocations as
well as Regular Stingray allocations.

Call the MacMulkin Corvette Team
at 603-888-1121 and ask for Tom Jr,
Ron, Mark, Karl or Jessy and we will
be MORE THAN Happy to assist you
in getting YOUR Stingray on order today!

·
Registered
184 Posts
If you would sell one to a Canadian I would have made a deal with you in a minute. Too bad GM restricts their dealers despite the law of the land against such anti-trust action in the U.S and further more it is also in non-compliance with our free trade agreements between the countries. So much for good neighbours, I can buy a house , own property, buy anything else I want in the U.S but I can't buy a new Corvette.

·
Registered
136 Posts
You absolutely right my friend, I have a mobile home in Texas for the winter time, even with a house if you buy a Corvette united state you lose your warranty, do it one year and is 10,000 KM to be able to pass through and keep your warranty. but you have to pay the taxes on state you buy and refounding with complicating system:(

·
Registered
184 Posts
Elegant it has nothing to do with the law, it is a GM policy not to sell to Canadians. It is actually against the law in the U.S under anti-trust legislation not to sell. This is termed "refusal to deal" and violates your anti-trust laws. However it seems no want ones to enforce the law. This is a policy by GM and other automakers not allowing their U.S dealers to sell new cars to Canadian citizens. See this article below for a more complete explanation. We also have free trade agreements that were supposed to open up this market but again GM etc. choose to ignore them and regulators look the other way.

U.S. car dealers refusing Canadians illegally, prof says - Ottawa - CBC News

Here is a very interesting article , this one highlights a Toyota Rav 4 that can bought thousands cheaper in Hawaii than it can in Woodstock , Ontario where it is built. Yet they won't sell that car to Canadian in Hawaii if they wanted to buy it, even if they built it. Prices are higher in Canada for new vehicles for no particular reason.
Canadians pay more than Americans for Canadian-made vehicles - Ottawa - CBC News

It is interesting to note though the Corvette is actually the opposite , it is cheaper in Canada than it is in the U.S. when you adjust for exchange. However GM isn't selling many as you know, about 3% of their production of the new 'Vettes are coming to Canada . we should be getting numbers in the thousands , while it is being reported only 300 of the C7's were made available to Cdn buyers.

The new car market in Canada in 2013 was 1.74 mill cars sold last year, 11% of the U.S market size of 15.6 million. So you can see how fair that allocation is and why Canadians and their dealers are not happy. In 2008 Cdns also bailed out GM to the tune of $11 bill dollars, seems fair to us 'Vette buyers don't you think :mad:

·
18,670 Posts
Thanks for that info. As you know I too have been continuously vocal and unhappy that Canadian Corvette allocation has been so limited this entire year.

·
Registered
755 Posts
I am fortunate in that I was able to buy this year. But, in the past I had to buy my ZR1 from an American in Canada selling through a Cdn. dealer and paid the price of no warrantee for 6 months or 6,000 miles (10,000 K's). It seems unfair for sure. Is it the same for the Americans should they come to Canada when the dollar swings the other way? Curious... I must say that I do believe that more than 300 were allocated to Canada as my dealer alone has 40 allocations and all have been SRE. I think that is what they call a customer sold order. I think the figure of 5% is closer to the actual number of cars sold in Canada which would put it at about 1500 units. Any thoughts, as I do not have facts or figures to back my statements.

Later guys and good reading.

·
Registered
184 Posts
The number of 300 this year coming to Canada came from my dealer. Given they claim to be at the front lines with GM Canada, they hosted a C7 intro last summer from GM at the dealership with all the head honchos from GM, their ad's claim they are the biggest Cdn Corvette dealer, here from their website "We're not only Canada's #1 Corvette Dealer now we're also Canada's first Callaway Corvette Dealer". They are located in Toronto it makes sense to me that they would be in the know. Toronto is the center of the universe in Canada , didn't you know :rolleyes:

I live in London, a population of 367,000 , the two Chevy dealers here got one 'Vette each last year. The one dealer I discussed this with told me he could have sold 10 or 20 but just gave up on GM Canada, they couldn't get anymore allocations. There is only one C7 on a lot here, not sure if it is gone yet, a small used car dealer that brought a car up from the U.S. as he has connections thru his racing team, he is asking $10k over MSRP. Base car, convertible, black on black. You have the warranty issue with this car as well.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts