Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm disappointed with GM when I recently learned the MyLink System in my car is not going to be allowed to get the software update to allow it to use BringGO Nav. I certainly hope they'll reconsider as that's a very bad decision.

The initial GM site that spoke about the new MyLink System said NOTHING about it being exclusive to the low level cars like Spark vs the C7 at the time I placed my order back in March. I even spoke with my dealer about it when ordering and then revisited the topic in August when we reconfirmed the order at the factory, and they agreed with me to skip the NAV in favor of Bring Go. No one told them or me that GM was only going to allow the software update in the Spark... Now unfortunately I'm stuck. : ( Hope GM reads these boards and considers they are ticking people off. Great, AMAZING car, but don't be stupid about little things like blocking Open Forum Apps to add to the car just to try and capture $$$. The car would be even more amazing if its flexible and the systems are upgradeable like our smartphones. Do you want a loyal customer who talks up the car all the time, or a customer who feels a bit put off by short sighted execs., and a handicapped car that could be so much more. NOTE TO GM- Offer the MyLink Software Update to C7 owners... It will do you way more good in the form of advancing the image and desire of the car, than the few extra NAV systems you sell that most people don't like. Remember, C7 owners are proud, and like to tinker. Think of the amazing apps that will start to show up. Apple did it, you can too! Apple now makes over 1BIL in 3rd party app sales.

Please do something! Sincerely, JJ

1 - 1 of 1 Posts