Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the pics of the C7 and all I can say is WOW! In my opinion this is by far the best styling of the Vette in years. A++++++++++

·
Registered
9 Posts
I truly agree, I don't get why people don't like it, and it pissis me off when they say it looks like the new Viper or the new F12 Ferrari. :mad:

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
I do like the overall design, but have reservations about the back end. I think Chevy took a bold chance that this back end design would be well received by the Vette faithful. I must say I am glad they are taking this risk, but I suspect it will take some time for people to "get over" the square tail lights and back glass. I want to be able to see it in person before I go ranting that Chevy "blew it". I am interested in the convertible and wonder how its soft top will be designed to fit the new cars' lines. I sure hope the design team does not replicate the top of the 2006 Kappa platform (Solstice & Sky) soft top as it was a nightmare.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I do like the overall design, but have reservations about the back end. I think Chevy took a bold chance that this back end design would be well received by the Vette faithful. I must say I am glad they are taking this risk, but I suspect it will take some time for people to "get over" the square tail lights and back glass. I want to be able to see it in person before I go ranting that Chevy "blew it". I am interested in the convertible and wonder how its soft top will be designed to fit the new cars' lines. I sure hope the design team does not replicate the top of the 2006 Kappa platform (Solstice & Sky) soft top as it was a nightmare.
The back end seems to be a contention among many Vette fans. Some are saying it looks like a Camaro wannabe while others such as yourself don't like the squared off look. I think your approach about it is very smart. See it in person before final judgement. Pics don't do a car justice sometimes. It's all about seeing it in 3D and live :)

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I truly agree, I don't get why people don't like it, and it pissis me off when they say it looks like the new Viper or the new F12 Ferrari. :mad:
You know you have a hit when people start drinking the haterade and compare it to other vehicles :)

Nobody will ever be entirely pleased and that's what makes the world go round. If they don't like nobody is forcing them to buy it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts