Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone experimented or accidentally got the Low Fuel warning light? How far can you travel being light on the gas pedal to just sip instead of gulp did you get?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Has anyone experimented or accidentally got the Low Fuel warning light? How far can you travel being light on the gas pedal to just sip instead of gulp did you get?
Based on my experience driving all kinds of cars, you should be able to get up to 50 miles with a very light throttle. Eco mode might get more but I wouldn't chance it.

·
Registered
372 Posts
It's bad to let it go that low, the pump starts to suck up all the debris at the bottom of your tank then your pump go's out.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The one time I saw the low fuel warning I was a mile from my gas station. It took just over 16 gals. Capacity is 18.5 gals. So theoretically I had about 50 miles at 20/mpg.

Reactions: Pete and Mobius

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mythbusters had a segment on this about a year ago and I do recall about 50 to 70 mile range is the average.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
The correct answer: you can until there is no more gas! LOL ;)

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
So, as fancy as this car is.... it doesn't give you a 'miles to go until you're empty' actual number/educated guess?

I drive my Cruze until it is much emptier than I have driven any other car since it always tells me how many more miles I have to go. (And I only drive around town, so I'm not going to be deserted in the middle or nowhere or anything.) ;)

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
The DIC does display miles to empty as well as instantaneous fuel economy, RTFM, page 5-24.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

Reactions: Suzy Cruisy

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Well actually it's not based on how many miles you can go but how many gallons of gas is left which should be around 3 gallons so how far you can drive is based on mpg times amount of gas left in tank.

And how many hills you coast down on. :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts