Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In any motor, the heads are the window to the soul and in this case, the cylinders of Chevrolet's flag ship super car. The direct port injection OHV V8 motor is the first in the world of it's kind and it is as revolutionary as the LS1 so many years ago. It's an indication of the amazing forward progress that GM is making. This will allow us to run a higher CR and push the AFR more as well. The 2014+ C7 Corvette Stingray out of the box has some very high flowing heads with approximately 295 cfm. These heads can be massaged a little bit to make the motor more efficient under WOT. Whether you want to keep the stock cam, or go to an aftermarket cam with or without AFM, porting the heads will make power! Head/cam/headers will get you want to see over 650 crank naturally aspirated rear wheel HP!

Our head porter has quite an interesting history having worked for GM as well as other race shops. He had his hands on an LT1 casting long before the car was even released to even the aftermarket shops. Here's what we do! Fully CNC ported intake and exhaust ports, custom intake valve job, custom full radius exhaust valve job, intake and exhaust bowl blending, optional milling for increased compression ratio.

Stock Specs:
Intake port volume: 295 cc (peak stock flow 309 cfm)
Exhaust port volume: 106 cc (peak stock flow 194 cfm)
Stock Combustion Chamber Size: 60 cc
Stock intake valve size: 2.125" 96.2 grams (hollow stem)
Stock exhaust valve size: 1.590" 73.5 grams

Here are some teaser specs of the new Stage 2 CNC porting option:
Intake port volume: 310+cc
Exhaust port volume: 105+cc
CNC flow rate of intake port is 40+cfm over stock flow with very strong mid-lift improvements using stock 2.125" valve.
CNC flow rate of exhaust port is 240+cfm! with stock 1.590" valve!

Included:
5 axis CNC machined
Fully assembled
Stock valves with valve job
Double springs, titanium retainers, locks, seals

Email me for pricing options, stage 1 as low as $1699 and I'll hook the StingrayForum members up with a 10% discount if you mention you saw it here!

[email protected]

Here's also some pics of our stage 3 dimple porting!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have one set of these LT1-350 ported heads in stock and ready to do a core swap. New heads, new valves on this setup. Custom cams are spec'ed also and we can discuss your goals with them. You'll see 500+ wheel HP with our head cam package!

·
Registered
489 Posts
I don't know whether to hate you guys or love you. I haven't even got my car and you are already making me think of ways to make my car faster and me broker.

Reactions: Sinner

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don't know whether to hate you guys or love you. I haven't even got my car and you are already making me think of ways to make my car faster and me broker.
Ha never spend more than you have, but don't be afraid to set aside a little slush fund to drop extra change into for "me" gifts. It's the little things that make life grand, like the feeling of opening up a 500hp V8 on a spring day or the look on peoples' faces when you pull into a parking lot with the sound of a car with long tubes and a cam "romp romp romp'in" along. ;)

(don't mind the 747 jet engine under the hood, just listen to the exhaust lol)

·
Registered
10,544 Posts
Well, that was filmed in Northern Kentucky...

Reactions: weaponX

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not going to be sneaking up on anyone with that car haha

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ha yea, that's a built car with 2" primaries, 3.5" collector, and full 3.5" exhaust including Borla XR1s so its louder but that car is moving some serious air. I don't run that on the street, I have a separate 3" exhaust setup with resonators and 3" mufflers.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One brand new set of LT1 heads being boxed up with our .660 lift springs, new valves with valve jobs, CNC ported, and hand blended. They're flowing almost 350CFM!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Lots of discussion on this, similar to the golf ball. It's an option on my heads, so if you don't like it, they're smooth by default. The dimples reduce "wall friction". Proven principle on industrial applications and in fluid dynamics. Dimpling helps flow turn the radius. It was also said to direct the flow toward the center of the cylinder, not against cyl wall.

Some are guys believe in it, others dismiss it. I always offer it and performed this on the LT1X-375 heads going on my 7. The heads ready to go don't have this done and are my LT1-350 heads.

·
Registered
993 Posts
Actually the dimples would do the exact opposite of what you say. Laminar flow would be disrupted by the dimples assuming you actually still had laminar flow. The reality is that the dimples would create vortices thereby helping to reduce and detached flow areas. This would in effect help to utilize more of the cross-sectional area of the port. Detached flow would in essence reduce the effective area of the port.

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL Like I said, it's been debated over and over and there is as much statistical data backing the dimpling as there is disagreeing with it. I do not want to turn this thread into another great debate, as there are plenty of them out there. It's just an option if you do your research and decide that's for you. :)

·
Registered
993 Posts
I'm not debating whether or not is does or doesn't do something. I am disagreeing with the claims of laminar flow (might want to brush up on your fluid dynamics for that).

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
Simply change

The dimples magnify laminar flow which does reduce "wall friction".

To

The dimples reduce "wall friction".

And the paragraph is pretty accurate as to the effect. Reducing the friction has the effect of maintaining flow velocity and in turn allowing more air to into the cylinder for a given port dimension.

But I didn't mean to perpetuate the debate ;)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts