Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10,424 Posts
Redc7, that is a nice find.

Check out slide #21 on the oil system. There are "vent line enhancements" on the LT4 dry sump.

Does this mean the LT4 will not burp oil as easily as the Z51 did?

·
18,670 Posts
Thanks "Redc7" for finding and posting the LT4 information file. Not just incredibly interesting, but in such better "presentation clarity" compared to the few similar slides shown previously. Much more, much clearer info here. Thank you very much!

·
Banned
631 Posts
Excellent to see this! Thanks! I would like to see the illustrations between the 2 at the same angle as aside form the injectors, HPDI pump, and other changes it is still the LT1 engine with different cam and slightly lower CR.

Your correct Rodney. The "vent" tank/lines are a great addition. It is not a oil separating system though, but will work to reduce or eliminate the "burping" which the GM dry sumps have needed since the C6 Z06. It will work on the order of a "anti hammer" tank on a plumbing system and give the tank the ability to "absorb" the pressure spikes w/out pushing the oil out the clean side.

I also like the new HPDI pump....that and the injectors should allow tuners to exceed 1000-1200 HP if I am calculating it correctly. Excellent find!!!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
Tuner Boost->would enjoy meeting you and having your expert shop install the necessary PVC oil separating equipment. Alas, you are more than a thousand miles drive from me. Don't want to run that far without it installed.

Guessing you'll have to send your Z06 recommended kit with some really good install instructions come December/January.

I'll be happy to send any photos you need once my beastie arrives!

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Tracy, thanks for checking out this thread. I figured you'd appreciate the illustrations more than anyone else. The other thing is, please advise me if what I've already purchased from you will complement the changes GM has made or if I need to eliminate or add anything else from what I already have. Thanks.

·
18,670 Posts
Gentlemen, this is a very valuable, very important discussion, but probably belongs in Tuner Boost's area where he is the Moderator and can control the subject material.

Will one of the last three posters please, including Tracy please start a Z06 thread relating to this important question in the following section please?

RX Performance Products

·
Banned
631 Posts
Tuner Boost->would enjoy meeting you and having your expert shop install the necessary PVC oil separating equipment. Alas, you are more than a thousand miles drive from me. Don't want to run that far without it installed.

Guessing you'll have to send your Z06 recommended kit with some really good install instructions come December/January.

I'll be happy to send any photos you need once my beastie arrives!
Tracy, thanks for checking out this thread. I figured you'd appreciate the illustrations more than anyone else. The other thing is, please advise me if what I've already purchased from you will complement the changes GM has made or if I need to eliminate or add anything else from what I already have. Thanks.
Gentlemen, this is a very valuable, very important discussion, but probably belongs in Tuner Boost's area where he is the Moderator and can control the subject material.

Will one of the last three posters please, including Tracy please start a Z06 thread relating to this important question in the following section please?

RX Performance Products
Will do. Thanks all!!! And yes, the same system parts are used with the new Z06. I like they are addressing this, and doing what I feel will help greatly in reducing the burping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts