Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Corvette Z51, LT2 package, manual, convertible, torch red
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am Lucydad from Sugar Land, TX...just committed to buy a 2015 C7 Corvette with LT1 package.

I owned a 1984 Corvette years ago, and have returned to the marque.

Glad to be here, delivery should be late this week in Torch Red.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
120 Posts
I started with an 84 Z51 many years ago. If you're going from there to a C7 get ready for a huge shock. Night and day. Night and day! Congratulations!

·
Administrator
16,096 Posts
Welcome to our forum Lucydad and congrats on your Torch Red C7!

Reactions: Lucydad

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I started with an 84 Z51 many years ago. If you're going from there to a C7 get ready for a huge shock. Night and day. Night and day! Congratulations!
Steve,

Much thanks! My old black 1984 with the clunky manual was a good, but not great car. I kept it for about 7 years and sold it when we moved to Tunisia, North Africa. I test drove a friend's 2016 C7: Z51, LT2, c
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_368a.jpg
onvertible, manual, identical to the one I am buying except color (picture attached). Yes, the difference is amazing. I am currently driving a 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata with manual: a very fun car. But, there is something about all that Corvette V8.

I am a typical (?) retired engineer. Our travel this year is way down, and so I am buying the lightly used C7 as a Houston area run about, and much more worthy and comfortable longer distance car.

I will have some questions for the experienced owners of this forum, but will wait until delivery (maybe this weekend):

-- add more convex side mirrors to reduce blind spot?
-- update navigation maps to current (we live in newly built subdivision, and TX is always growing)
-- interior windshield sun block
-- how to program the garage door opener.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hah, this forum software is identical to my MV Agusta motorcycle forum! Easy-peasy: just added a personal name avatar.

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
Welcome to SRF! Lots of good information here and even better people.

Reactions: Lucydad and jsvette

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
120 Posts
So is your new one a M7? I really prefer a standard. Is an auto quicker? Sure, but I don't buy 'em to race anyhow so I don't really care about that. I had a '97 auto - HATED IT! I actually bought my '84 back and dumped the '97... :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So is your new one a M7? I really prefer a standard. Is an auto quicker? Sure, but I don't buy 'em to race anyhow so I don't really care about that. I had a '97 auto - HATED IT! I actually bought my '84 back and dumped the '97... :D
Yes, I had to have the manual transmission. I am a luddite and learned to drive on a 3-speed manual Jeepster Commando. M7 is very engaging..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Welcome and enjoy your C7.... You made me think of my 1984...... I started with a 1976 and progressed to 1984 to 1995 to current 2014 corvette progression. The C7 is wonderful and enjoyable in all ways.....

View attachment 278672
Oh man there is the 1984. Mine was black with red leather interior. Sharp car for the time. I also tested a 1976 Corvette right out of college...way above my pay grade. At times I have lusted after the 1969 Stingray.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just notified delivery is Tuesday morning. Anticipating. Been wanting another Corvette since I sold my last one August of 1993. I think the C7 convertible with M7 will be a lot more fun than my 1984 with manual.

·
Registered
2014 Premier Edition
120 Posts
Probably will be. And I LOVE my '14 Premier, but I still have a soft spot in my heart (and mind) for my '84 Z51. Wish I hadn't of sold it....

·
Administrator
16,096 Posts
Sparky looks great Lucydad! Enjoy :cool:

Reactions: Lucydad
1 - 17 of 17 Posts