Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out and about with my wife yesterday taking a ride and running a few errands. As i was driving along i came upon a 2014 Gray Corvette. My car being Shark Grey i decided to follow the car and maybe if the driver stopped strike up a conversation about the color and the car, so on and so forth. Well the driver ended up pulling into a Cvs Pharmacy so i puled along next to the car. The driver looked at me and smiled and i could not believe my eyes. The driver as i found out later was a 73 year old lady. The first words out of her mouth was betcha you didn't expect to see me driving this car did you. My wife and i had the greatest time talking to her. She told me that the car is in fact hers and her husband and her have driven Corvettes for years.
She lives one town over from me and invited me and my wife by sometime to meet her husband and a enjoy a coffee. She had us laughing at stories of her earlier cars and how this won't be her last Corvette cause driving them makes her feel young. We talked for about a good 45 minutes and i will tell you she made our day. As a matter of fact her and my wife hit it off so much she was exchanging cooking tips.

It goes to show one thing this car has no age limit. Once a lover the the Corvette always a lover of the Corvette. What a fantastic lady!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
Great story! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
Shall we look for OneYoungGranny joining the SFR? Lol

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Awesome story!

·
Administrator
16,494 Posts
What a nice story, appreciate your sharing it with us! :eek:nthego:

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
Eddie, awesome story and it reads like she was a very nice lady!!

SF
Rick

·
Registered
74 Posts
Loved your story.
My Corvette is a 2016 Z51 in Shark Grey.
Enjoy !!!

·
Registered
879 Posts
For those of us that know Eddie, I would not be surprised if this is just one of many similar Corvette Hookups that he has done.
Eddie and Jeanie are truly Corvette Social Elite.

Now that the Arctic glacier is receding here in Southern Mass., we're spending more time at the boatyard Eddie attempting to get JaxSan launched soon.
Come visit.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Great story but it did give me my laugh for the day. I am 71, just got rid of my 2015 Z06 and am waiting on delivery of my 2019 ZR1 this summer. Why some people ask me. I am an excellent driver, have all my faculties (thus far) and absolutely love handling a fast car. I am not planning on my new one being my last one. I have also taken the Ron Fellows driving course. So kudos to all women corvette drivers. Rock on! :eek:nthego:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts