Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased the under hood metal Stingray emblem which I was going to install on a new hoodliner to replace the one mice had got ahold of. Then decided that since it rare I lift the hood for anyone to see the engine compartment it was a waste to install it there. I cut out the center section of the old one and painted it. I wanted a gloss, so it took several cans before it quit soaking up the paint and held a shine. Then framed it with some wood I got from Ace and applied the pinstripe. I also put a spare console emblem in the center.
stingray emblem.jpg

·
Registered
10,419 Posts
I like it.

·
Administrator
16,302 Posts
Creative and nice looking Racer57 (y)

·
Registered
Owned: '65, '75, '97, '01, '10, '14, now '16 Z06
9,555 Posts
Nice job! Would look really good in my "clubroom" (y)

·
Registered
415 Posts
Looks very nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I purchased the under hood metal Stingray emblem which I was going to install on a new hoodliner to replace the one mice had got ahold of. Then decided that since it rare I lift the hood for anyone to see the engine compartment it was a waste to install it there. I cut out the center section of the old one and painted it. I wanted a gloss, so it took several cans before it quit soaking up the paint and held a shine. Then framed it with some wood I got from Ace and applied the pinstripe. I also put a spare console emblem in the center. View attachment 279427
Niiiice!

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
847 Posts
Jerry,

Since you are Corvette-less at the moment, why don't you do it since you have a little time on your hand now that you aren't doing all that modding and I will get it from you. :) Kyle

Nice! If anyone else wants to do this mine is for sale cheap. It is brand new, never installed, packed and ready to go.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Nice! If anyone else wants to do this mine is for sale cheap. It is brand new, never installed, packed and ready to go.
Kyle, yes, I am between Vettes right now. Not a bad idea, I would have to get a large picture frame. I would use either the Adrenaline Red vinyl or one of my several headliner fabrics. When I get a chance I will mock up some pics with various colors. Probably contact you on the other site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts