Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come to understand the technical side of the magnetic ride control option. However, I was wondering if anyone out there has driven a C7 with and without the option and can comment on what they noticed driving the car. I would expect the cars with magnetic ride control would feel better over uneven pavement during spirited driving into corners etc. Again, just curious if anyone has had the chance to compare. My car has magnetic ride control but I only have 380 miles on it as I just got the car 10 days ago and the weather in Richmond VA has been terrible...

Reactions: usmcstinger

·
Registered
75 Posts
this is a feature that is necessary (worth having) if you were to get a z51 package and tend to use the car in a more aggressive manner. race track etc. the technology is perhaps one of the hallmarks of the corvette . I have owned a c5 & c6 over the past 16 years and have never had or felt I needed this feature . However I don't drive my cars in a way that I would benefit if I had mag ride. the feature is great if the need is there.

·
Registered
699 Posts
Had mag ride in my C6. It was amazing how rigid the car became when set on sport vs tour. I ordered mag ride this time as well. It makes twisty mountain roads fun!

Sent from my SM-T210R using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
3 Posts
How does the Z51 with mag ride in its softer settings do for comfort on long drives? How does the C7 Z51 ride compare to the C6 Z51 ride?

·
18,670 Posts
Partial answer: Whereas the difference between its softest setting to its firmest for the C6 was 40%, it is 56% firmer for the C7 (or conversely 56% softer).

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
How does the Z51 with mag ride in its softer settings do for comfort on long drives? How does the C7 Z51 ride compare to the C6 Z51 ride?
This guy drove base and Z51 models and comments about difference in ride, starts at 4 minute mark

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
MRSC is about a lot more than simply softening up the Z51's ride in tour mode. It's a complete suspension tuning package that helps in ALL conditions. The comments about "I don't drive hard so I don't need it" simply show GM hasn't done the marketing it needs to educate people as to the purpose of the system. It should be optional on ALL models, not just Z51.

Here's an old promo video of the system in the C5. The C7's system is 2 generations newer and 1 generation newer than the on they license to Ferrari!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts