Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone in this forum have a Z51 with MSRC? I would like to know if the MSRC softens the Z51 ride (for touring) or stiffens the ride (for tracking) or both. I have read so much information on this that I'm dizzy... No two sources give the same information. I appreciate your feedback. I would like to have a discussion about this so I can make the best decision for me. My order is still at 1100 with the dealer and I have ordered WITH the MSRC, but am not sure I should keep it that way..... THANKS!!!

·
18,667 Posts
Do not have the car you are thinking about ordering, but a primary purpose of MSRc is to do both, firmer when you want the suspension, yet softer, when you want it be softer. In fact, compared the C7 with MSRC to the C6 MSRC, the C7's ride can be adjusted 40% firmer than the C6's firmest MSRC setting, 40% softer than the C6's softest MSRc setting (heard that info directly at GM seminar led by Tadge Juechter).

I have been in a C7 with Z-51 but not MSRC and found that while I would describe that car's suspension as firm/taut, it was not jarring on good roads. LOVED it! Was not driving on harsh, bumpy roads, so can not comment on how it would have been on such terrain. I have a C6 Z06 which has the firmest suspension of all recent Corvettes, and we take it cross country whenever that is our next desired road trip.

Would 100% keep your order with MSRC unless that is going to stretch you financially. While this doesn't answer your correctly directly, hope it helps.

·
Registered
4,656 Posts
I think I read in order of comfort, from most to least is Base, Z-51 with FE4 (MSRC), Z51. The shocks alone can't bring the Z-51's stiffer springs down to the level of the base car but they can soften the dampening to make the ride real close. A Z-51 without FE4 would probably get old over time, especially in the northern climate with winter damaged roads. I imagine the normal Z-51 is the rough equivalent of an FE4 set on Sport.

I personally wouldn't own a Z-51 without FE4.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have Z51 with MRC and it's firmer as you get into more aggressive settings. I love it, it's perfect in weather, Eco and tour modes and firm in sport and firmer in track. It's amazing how you can feel the difference between settings.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts