Stingray Corvette Forum banner

181 - 200 of 210 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #181 ·
Some recent pictures from this summer...I will be driving to TN and NC this weekend to drive the Tail of the Dragon and the Smoky Mountain Loop!! I will have pictures from that trip to post next week!

I also just installed the new Navtool 5.0 in my car...It is fantastic! It has a really nice touch screen interface and it has a fully functional implementation of CarPlay!!! Woohoo!! I had the Navtool 3.0....but this new unit is a really nice upgrade. I will be posting a complete rundown on how to do the Navtool 5.0 install...as I had to install from scratch since the Navtool 3.0 wiring harnesses are different.

20180828_015623033_iOS.jpg

20180720_215725741_iOS.jpg

20180720_215811497_iOS.jpg

20180720_215838391_iOS.jpg

-M

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Managerman
Nice job on everything, very nice documentation in your thread.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #183 ·
I almost forgot!! I strayed from modding my Corvette a little bit this summer...and decided to build a Bartop Retro Arcade that was Corvette themed!!! I designed all the artwork myself and built it from scratch...It has over 30 arcade systems and 27,000 games running on a Raspberry pi!

Here it is!!

20180823_101739909_iOS.jpg

20180823_101745275_iOS.jpg

20180823_101814807_iOS.jpg

20180823_101821839_iOS.jpg

20180823_102024905_iOS.jpg

·
Registered
3,259 Posts
Managerman, you're my hero! I want one especially if it plays Pole Position! Can't wait to see the nav install pics....you'll love The Tail too. Just be wary of the imports getting on your rear end. Gets annoying.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #185 ·
Managerman, you're my hero! I want one especially if it plays Pole Position! Can't wait to see the nav install pics....you'll love The Tail too. Just be wary of the imports getting on your rear end. Gets annoying.
Well...Guess what!!

20180830_012213888_iOS.jpg

-M

Reactions: Ateupjoe

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Managerman, excellent work on your AW . So many subtle changes and upgrades and all well thought out and overall in my opinion not over done. Admit to being a bit envious of your skills and willingness to tackle all these projects on your beautiful machine...

Reactions: managerman

·
Registered
7,930 Posts
I almost forgot!! I strayed from modding my Corvette a little bit this summer...and decided to build a Bartop Retro Arcade that was Corvette themed!!! I designed all the artwork myself and built it from scratch...It has over 30 arcade systems and 27,000 games running on a Raspberry pi!

Here it is!!

View attachment 265004

View attachment 265006

View attachment 265008

View attachment 265010

View attachment 265012
managerman, that is so cool and it has more buttons than a F16. :wink: If it has Pac-Man game on! :victorious:

SF
Rick

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #188 ·
Managerman, excellent work on your AW . So many subtle changes and upgrades and all well thought out and overall in my opinion not over done. Admit to being a bit envious of your skills and willingness to tackle all these projects on your beautiful machine...
Thank you...That is exactly my philosophy on mods...I only want to do mods that look like they COULD have come from the factory.

-M

·
Registered
3,259 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #192 ·
Update on my Supercharger!

I have now passed 25k miles on my car and almost 10k on the supercharger...All is going well. I had a Car "condriac" moment while on vacation a couple months ago, when I believed I was hearing the supercharger much louder than it should be..I was concerned that the Supercharger bearings were going bad. On the way back from vacation I drove right through Cincinnati so I made a pit stop at Weapon X and had "Dr. Ben Herndon" :thumbs: take a listen to see if he heard any unusual bearing noises...He said that all was well...no issues!! I was worried about nothing!! Ben and Blake from Weapon X have been there for me from Day 1 whenever I call them..I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to do any type of performance mods to their Corvette!!

I wanted to mention that over the past few weeks I have been working with Ben Charles AKA "T/A Kid" (he was the first person to do the LT4 blower swap on LT1) on some tuning tweaks and I just want to say that it has been a great experience. He made some very nice refinements to the Engine and Trans tunes. Don't hesitate to look up Ben if you have any tuning needs. He is on Corvette Forum and the HP Tuners Forum. By no means is this any type of knock (no pun intended) on the Weapon X tune...I love those guys!! and I have a long list of more mods I would like them to do during this upcoming "off" season....I just think tuning these cars is 1 part engineering, 1 part experience, and 1 part nuance....It is not an exact science for sure and there are many variables that can be adjusted to make refinements. I am so glad that Ben from Weapon X suggested that I have my own HP Tuner programming interface and software....Well worth the 450.00....

-M

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #193 ·
Thanks to Rick Conti for featuring me and my 2015 Z51 on his Vlog this past week! Enjoy!!

-M

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Car is beautiful! Dam you , you are going to cost me $$. When i grow up i want to be just like you...:very_drunk:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #196 ·
Very Cool. I'm in Columbus also! Let's get together!
That would be great! I have a feeling that winter is going to stick around for a bit longer. I like going to Columbus cars and coffee at the Lennox AMC on Saturday mornings. Hopefully we will have a Saturday soon that is warmer with dry roads.

-M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #197 · (Edited)
SO...This winter has really sucked!! I have not done any mods to the Corvette yet, but instead I decided to work on building a new PC based on my Corvette! If you would like a little diversion into my crazy nerd hobby of building PC's, check out my build log below! It took over 3 months of planning, designing and building to complete.

The complete build log is HERE

Complete Image Gallery HERE

Enjoy!

-M

2019BucketListCorvette (40 of 43).jpg

2019BucketListCorvette (2 of 43).jpg

2019BucketListCorvette (12 of 43).jpg

2019BucketListCorvette (21 of 43).JPG

·
Administrator
16,510 Posts
Very impressive and creative PC!

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,172 Posts
Well Done Matt and this is a Nice Article that came across my news alert!

Click link below for full read.......

Corvette-Themed PC Is As Fast As It Looks | GM Authority

Corvette-Themed PC Is As Fast As It Looks

There are a plethora of car enthusiasts out there who want one thing, and one thing only–power. More power often equates to better performance and speed. Blistering zero-to-60 times and 200-plus-mph top speeds can make a gaggle of speed demons melt like butter on a warm pancake. There’s another aspect of life outside transportation that draws equally passionate speed demons–computers. And sometimes, interest in cars and computers intersect, such as they do for Matt Herman, a C7 Corvette owner who built a Corvette-themed PC that requires its own radiator.

While Herman has a 700-horsepower, supercharged Corvette in his garage, he now has a computer in his office that he claims is in the top one percent of all high-end desktop computers–in the world. That’s a bold claim, but you wouldn’t doubt his claim look at the specs. Beefy parts include Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX, MSI X399 MEG Creation motherboard, 32 gigabytes of G.Skill Flare-X F4-3200 C14 memory, and much more. Onboard storage includes two 512-GB hard drives and one one-terabyte hard drive.....................more

SO...This winter has really sucked!! I have not done any mods to the Corvette yet, but instead I decided to work on building a new PC based on my Corvette! If you would like a little diversion into my crazy nerd hobby of building PC's, check out my build log below! It took over 3 months of planning, designing and building to complete.

The complete build log is HERE

Complete Image Gallery HERE

Enjoy!

-M

View attachment 268696

View attachment 268698

View attachment 268700

View attachment 268702

·
Registered
2014 Arctic White C7 Z51
1,172 Posts
Matt,
I recall when you installed your first edition of the Navtool it seems to be labor intensive but I went to their website and they list it as a 2 out of 10 in terms of level of difficulty. In my mind, when you installed the original I would rate as a 7-8 out of 10, what sayeth you? How long would I anticipate to install and did you road map the new installation or since you installed the original, you didn't have to do as much? I didn't see a rundown of the installation process.

Kyle

Navatool installation.JPG

Some recent pictures from this summer...I will be driving to TN and NC this weekend to drive the Tail of the Dragon and the Smoky Mountain Loop!! I will have pictures from that trip to post next week!

I also just installed the new Navtool 5.0 in my car...It is fantastic! It has a really nice touch screen interface and it has a fully functional implementation of CarPlay!!! Woohoo!! I had the Navtool 3.0....but this new unit is a really nice upgrade. I will be posting a complete rundown on how to do the Navtool 5.0 install...as I had to install from scratch since the Navtool 3.0 wiring harnesses are different.

View attachment 264996

View attachment 264998

View attachment 265000

View attachment 265002

-M

181 - 200 of 210 Posts