Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aloha folks,

Quick question and request...

What's the ground clearance on your car, road to rocker-panel? Did a search but only found ride height related threads. I'm trying to find a shipper from Long Beach to Honolulu and one, Horizon Lines, has a minimum height requirement. I'd go with Pasha but timing doesn't work out, I'm REALLY trying to avoid Matson as they did a number on my old C5Z. I realize there's a good bit of variation with the C7 as they ship from the factory, hope I can gain at least a rough idea of what to expect clearance wise. So if anyone has the time to measure a stock height C7 I'd really appreciated it!

Mahalo & TIA!

Boomah

·
Registered
1,905 Posts
I lowered mine, so I can't help you unfortunately. Good luck, and enjoy that new Vette!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Hey Boomah, mine's ~4.5 inches all the way down the rockers. I never changed my ride height. I recently made my own countryboy car ramps because I needed to get the car off the ground while still keeping it level to do all kinds of stuff & this meant 2 of the ramps had to start between the wheels. 3, 2bys-tall was the highest I could do & that's 4.5 inches. It just barely clears, but clears the entire length.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Purely an observation, certainly nothing scientific ;) Just something I've noticed while checking out all the images posted here and other related forums. Some cars have a real 4x4 looking fender gap while others appear to have much less, most made no mention of being lowered. I wonder if they have a set standard at BG, something transport friendly, and the dealer "addresses" the ride height during prep, any ideas or facts out there???

Anyway, called the shipper to sort things out and ended up getting good word from the load supervisor here in Honolulu. The stock height is fine, sounds like they use ramps of some kind for offload.

Thanks again all, big mahalo!

Boomah

1 - 5 of 5 Posts