Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMG_0899.JPG IMG_0900.JPG IMG_0901.JPG

Okay, so I did some quick measurements and math. Obviously my measurements aren't precise down to the millimeter so there's a margin of error, but it shouldn't be anything too drastic.
So, inthe pictures (yes that is my Mustang that I will be trading in for a C7, bless my poor soul I've been missing out!), from the bottom of the sidewalk to the crest of my driveway I measured it to be 4.5 inches in height. With the slope/ramp part being about 52 inches in length. I calculated the degree of incline to be about 5% (don't shun me if I am wrong please, and again I'm sure that is a bit off due to margin of error in the measurements taken). I should be able to get the car up that incline just without scraping the chin/lip and the rocker panel on the sides right?

Next, in the picture where you can see the area between the curb and the sidewalk (the rocky and dirty area where you tires go immediately after making it over that small curb), the gravel and dirt in that area has indented due to years of tires (well cars weight) going over it, I measured the deepest part of those two tire pit areas to be about a 3.25 in indentation in the ground.

Lastly, I measured the curb to be at best 2 inches (the street does slant down towards the curb, and then as you can see after the curb and the tire pit indentation you get to the sidewalk and then it starts to incline up the driveway).

So, with that information, what you can see in the pictures, and your personal experience with the C7, will I be able to get into and out of my driveway without scraping the car?? Greatly appreciate anyone's helpful insight, thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
You should be fine... you can always angle approach, which is what I do entering my rolling curb driveway (i.e. tire hits first which raises the front of the car) no scraping at all

Reactions: Sciros

·
Premium Member
1,024 Posts
You could also mix up a few bags of concrete to fill in the area between the sidewalk and the street. Less than $100 bucks and you will be good to go!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Over the years I have been putting the magnetic ride control in the stiffest setting available and it's helped with dragging the front end, air dam, etc. YMMV.

·
Registered
993 Posts
My driveway is tougher than that. I can get in without scraping and exits get a little rub on the flex dams in the front. It is lowered about 0.5" as well.

·
Registered
383 Posts
you won't have an issue. in case you do you can also lift your car by adjusting your stock bolts a bit. easy fix

1 - 9 of 9 Posts