Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As long as they don't strike, I should be picking up my car at NCM on 5/22/14 (Thu). Am planning on traveling SW and doing the Cherohala Skyway/Tail of the Dragon loop on Fri or Sat, before heading up Blue Ridge Parkway towards home.

Never traveled any of these roads before, can't wait. Anybody else have similar weekend plans? Maybe we can meet up if so. I will be starting on 360 off of Rt 411 in TN.

·
Registered
442 Posts
I've ridden these roads on my motorcycle. You're in for a treat. Be careful on the weekend, there will be tons of crotch rockets, and they'll pass you on the curves / double yellow / and drift into your lane.
There was a rider who went off road, they still hadn't found him several hours later when we made the return run. Check this out .... Moonshiner 28 from Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap to Walhalla SC

·
18,667 Posts
Fantastic and lucky drive in our C6 Z06, for we lucked out and an encountered no one in front of us (holding us up), nor were ever passed. Did cost us a lot of rear tire tread however, but oh so worth it!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Doing a section of Moonshiner 28 enroute to Blue Ridge Parkway too. Weather permitting, I want to tackle it all on Friday before weekend crowds take over. I went to website and they have all fatalities for each road listed. Noticed nearly all were motorcycles. However, they don't list non-fatal crashes, I'm sure there's a hell of a lot.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Annual Corvette Tail of the Dragon Weekend Meet?

Is there one of these for the Corvettes (should come from the forum).
I started/founded the Biannual Crossfire Forum Tail of the Meet in the Fall of 2007 (30 1st meet) and followed that up with a Spring 2008 Meet (80+ from ~ 25 states) and it's still going strong as the Premier Crossfire Meet in the US, we stay at the Beautiful Fontana Lodge 10 minutes from the entrance to the Dragon's Den, it's a hell of a weekend of fun with the right cars & people, Crossfires & Corvettes 2 good examples.
318 Great turns in 11 miles, starts in NC and ends in TN or visa versa.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts