Stingray Corvette Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 205 Posts

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Let us please use this thread as the "home" for all drawings of what a mid-engined C8 might look like. Here are a few to start. Please "credit" the source of that picture if you are able.

From Top Speed:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

From Road and Track:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

From Car&Driver:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

From Motor Trend:
image.jpeg

From Automobile:

image.jpeg

From Chris Doane Automotive, some "mule pictures" as reproduced in Car & Driver:
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

·
Registered
343 Posts
I'm in! I like the first one best. maybe its the color, hehe. What's the latest talk regarding eta?
Let us please use this thread as the "home" for all drawings of what a mid-engined C8 might look like. Here are a few to start. Please "credit" the source of that picture if you are able.

From Top Speed:

From Road and Track:

From Car&Driver:

From Motor Trend:

From Automobile:

From Chris Doane Automotive, some "mule pictures" as reproduced in Car & Driver:

·
Registered
10,212 Posts
I like photo #3 best.

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The latest talk Kawika about its ETA, and just got this from GM (LOL), is somewhere between the New York Auto Show in about four weeks, and never....

My best guess (strictly that), is next January's Detroit NAIAS.

·
Registered
347 Posts
One (more?) vote for Car & Driver's version!:smile:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Well that's scary looking. I'll keep my c7 if it lools like that
I agree with randysandow!! I'm anticipating the ME Corvette, but if it's going to be a "Deformed" C7, I just keep my Stingray.... the M E Corvette needs to be a new design, or it will be like C&D calls the 2017 Grand Sport: "An assemblage of known parts"....

JLG

·
Registered
504 Posts
Scratch my post. Thought the rendering was the yellow car which doesn't look too terribly different. ..

·
Registered
471 Posts

·
Registered
922 Posts
The red one looks too much like the current C7. I would hope it's closer to the yellow rendition. Waste of development money to make a modified C7.

·
Registered
3,665 Posts

·
Registered
3,665 Posts
Here's an image of the upcoming Corvette C8-R.
corvette_c8_r_by_javieroquendodesign-d8f3mda.jpg

·
18,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Thanks Mobius. Going to take a while getting used to a short "nose," long rear deck version of the Corvette.

As my grandkids would say, "I am not feeling" the C8.R look.

image.jpeg

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
Mid-Engine Picture Renderings!

I think it will be like all versions...it'll take a little time to get used to it.i for one did not like the new C7 look all that much but after looking, and looking and looking and looking some more, I love it. But it took a while. Regardless of what comes out as a C8, I think in due time, I would like it too.

1 - 20 of 205 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.