Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I retired from the Army in 2001, and with no hesitation, headed for Bowling Green to start my next career.
Yeah, I did my last 3 years of high school outside of Fort Knox, as my father was also Army, and my mother-in-law
still lives in the area, but the Corvette plant and National Corvette Museum were both in Bowling Green, so that is where I headed.

I finally got the 2 cars paid for that I gave my 2 sons, paid off the barn for my wife's 5 miniature horses, paid off college for my 2 boys, and paid off the 2 new cars I purchased in 2009.

So I now find myself finally poised to purchase my Corvette this year, and what a fantastic Corvette it will be!

I find it especially exciting that this will be the next generation Corvette, and to bring back the Stingray nameplate is even more special for me.

I am going through the home-town Chevy dealer, and will have a Museum delivery.
I am getting literally everything: 3LT, Z51, magnetic ride, exhaust upgrade, coupe, automatic, roofs, luggage, cargo shade, custom sill plates, cargo mat...everything.

The only unknown to me right now is the color combination.

Until my wife and I attended the 60th Anniversary event Thursday and Friday, I was leaning on Laguna Blue, chrome wheels, Kalahari interior, red calipers.

I was like a kid in a candy store...they had brought 7 C7's for me to play with!

They wouldn't let us in the vert, but I sat in the other 6. They didn't have them all different colors, but they threw in a few wild cards that I hadn't planned on: the Velocity Yellow was just fantastic with the right amount of black accent. Same with the Blade Silver Metallic and Adrenaline Red interior. Once the wife saw the Kalahari interior, she shot that down.

So I think we both really like the Velocity Yellow, only with the Adrenaline Red interior, which happens to be a combination requiring the color over-ride option. Add to that red calipers to tie the exterior to the interior, and we think that this will be a very eye-catching car. Any thoughts of the Velocity Yellow/Adrenaline Red interior/red caliper combination? I think that it would make for a unique Corvette!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I ordered a Z51 2LT in Night Race Blue with the Kalahari interior. To me it looks like a nice butterscotch leather club chair, but I've heard in person it looks like a baseball catcher's mitt. What didn't your wife like about the Kalahari - too orange ??

·
Registered
64 Posts
I retired from the Army in 2001, and with no hesitation, headed for Bowling Green to start my next career.
Yeah, I did my last 3 years of high school outside of Fort Knox, as my father was also Army, and my mother-in-law
still lives in the area, but the Corvette plant and National Corvette Museum were both in Bowling Green, so that is where I headed.

I finally got the 2 cars paid for that I gave my 2 sons, paid off the barn for my wife's 5 miniature horses, paid off college for my 2 boys, and paid off the 2 new cars I purchased in 2009.

So I now find myself finally poised to purchase my Corvette this year, and what a fantastic Corvette it will be!

I find it especially exciting that this will be the next generation Corvette, and to bring back the Stingray nameplate is even more special for me.

I am getting literally everything: 3LT, Z51, magnetic ride, exhaust upgrade, coupe, automatic, roofs, luggage, cargo shade, custom sill plates, cargo mat...everything.

Until my wife and I attended the 60th Anniversary event Thursday and Friday, I was leaning on Laguna Blue, chrome wheels, Kalahari interior, red calipers.

I was like a kid in a candy store...they had brought 7 C7's for me to play with!

They wouldn't let us in the vert, but I sat in the other 6. They didn't have them all different colors, but they threw in a few wild cards that I hadn't planned on: the Velocity Yellow was just fantastic with the right amount of black accent. Same with the Blade Silver Metallic and Adrenaline Red interior. Once the wife saw the Kalahari interior, she shot that down.

So I think we both really like the Velocity Yellow, only with the Adrenaline Red interior, which happens to be a combination requiring the color over-ride option. Add to that red calipers to tie the exterior to the interior, and we think that this will be a very eye-catching car. Any thoughts of the Velocity Yellow/Adrenaline Red interior/red caliper combination? I think that it would make for a unique Corvette!
StingrayC7,

I think that if you like it, that's all that matters. I am still undecided between silver, gray and torch red. I really like the red interior but the brownstone looks so nice with the microfiber inserts that it makes it a tough choice.

If you are not thinking about selling your car within the first 3 yearsof ownership, you will be fine. I had my dealer told me that yellow corvette's are slightly tougher to re-sell (to be considered if trying to sell to an individual). However, you are buying this car to drive it and not to sell it. So, follow your heart haha. The red calipers are definitely worth paying for and would make it a cool contrast with the yellow and will match the interior nicely.

You are so lucky you got to see them in person. I gotta wait until the first one arrives to my dealership in order to see one :mad:

·
Registered
680 Posts

I never would have thought of that combination; however, I feel it's very creative and sounds stunning! I would go for it!!! I ordered VY and now wish I thought of that :)

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
... What didn't your wife like about the Kalahari - too orange ??
You know that is what I am thinking too! I've only seen pictures of the interior and they hint that the color has more of an orange tint than the pictures actually depict. I think I will need to see it in person before I ordered it just to be safe.

·
18,670 Posts

I have seen many pictures of Kalahairi, some more orange, some lighter, some darker than what it looks like to your eye. Have seen Kalahairi in person and this picture is an accurate representation of the actual leather color.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey, torijona,

The car will be passed down to my sons. Yes, sons...that means another one when I retire...in 10 years! :) Hopefully a C8 then, or 9...
So the color only has to please myself, and my wife, to some degree. I am 55 now, and finally financially secure enough to get one.
I have taken care of all of my family's needs, now it is MY turn!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I never would have thought of that combination; however, I feel it's very creative and sounds stunning! I would go for it!!! I ordered VY and now wish I thought of that :)
Uh, well, the color, for now, which I estimate to be 89% final, is now....(drum roll...) Laguna Blue, Adrenaline Red interior, and red calipers.

I have shifted the Torch Red and Crystal Red into the #2 & #3 position respectively.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I love Red. This will be my third red Vette. I have ordered the Red interior as well. The only comment on the red interior as much as I love Red I felt that the 3 LT was just to much red. I much prefer the all black dash with the red seats console and arm rests. Just my 2 cents, what matters is what looks good to you.
Good luck, love the Laguna Blue and the yellow.

·
Administrator
16,505 Posts
I love Red. This will be my third red Vette. I have ordered the Red interior as well. The only comment on the red interior as much as I love Red I felt that the 3 LT was just to much red. I much prefer the all black dash with the red seats console and arm rests. Just my 2 cents, what matters is what looks good to you.
Good luck, love the Laguna Blue and the yellow.
I agree and that is the way I ordered my C7 as well. :cool:

·
Registered
476 Posts
Uh, well, the color, for now, which I estimate to be 89% final, is now....(drum roll...) Laguna Blue, Adrenaline Red interior, and red calipers.

I have shifted the Torch Red and Crystal Red into the #2 & #3 position respectively.
I want to change to Torch Red but I dont want to lose my spot..

I thought at first Laguna Blue and red interior like superman blue and red

·
18,670 Posts
Hey, torijona,

The car will be passed down to my sons. Yes, sons...that means another one when I retire...in 10 years! :) Hopefully a C8 then, or 9...
So the color only has to please myself, and my wife, to some degree. I am 55 now, and finally financially secure enough to get one.
I have taken care of all of my family's needs, now it is MY turn!
Understand. Waited 35 years until I could buy one; three days after I sent off the tuition/R&B check for our youngest daughter for her second semester, senior year of college, bought mine.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I ordered a Velocity yellow with black interior with black wheels and yellow calibers.. I did not get the side view mirrors in black I kept them yellow as in black it looks even more racy but I was going for a different look maybe than others. I also kept the painted yellow roof.

Now for what you are looking at above is super cool I also thought about getting a Red interior with the black wheels red calipers and the side view and rear spoiler painted black which for me would be awesome but maybe a bit extreme for me.. We will all have to post pictures as soon as we get them in! Good luck!

·
Registered
74 Posts
Since you live in Bowling green, Why don't you become our ""spy"" and check the plant daily for direct info. All we seem to get is second hand gossip. It would be mucho nice to have direct input. Thanks and congrats!

·
Registered
476 Posts
Since you live in Bowling green, Why don't you become our ""spy"" and check the plant daily for direct info. All we seem to get is second hand gossip. It would be mucho nice to have direct input. Thanks and congrats!
oh he does.. shit was just thinking today wish i knew someone that lived there that could go look it production started or sped up to build our cars not just test fleet

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi guys....I'm a new fella to this forum as I am finally considering a new C7 convertible... I have wanted a Vette for probably 53 of my 58 years but I've never had any type of sporty car until I bought an Abarth this spring...I've always had motorcycles...snowmobiles but no fun car....The kids are educated and exactly one month from today our last daughter will be married....soooo maybe it's time for old dad to think about getting into the totally new C7....I believe my transition into nicer automobile rides started on June 28th of last year when I bought my wife a beautiful midnight blue/coach leather Lexus SC 430... Now after experiencing 11k miles worth of top down driving we're really enjoying fun cars....the C7 looks like a winner to me...the Kalahari interior looks a lot like our coach leather in the Lexus and we get a lot of compliments on how nice that looks....
I've read the discussions on color combos...how about the Green with the Kalahari interior...since I want a convertible I don't know yet what top color choices there are but I bet the Green would be sharp....Good to be a member here

·
Registered
181 Posts
There is a picture of the green with Kalahari interior floating around the internet...I've seen it somewhere...maybe even in the forum, can't remember.

Reactions: Jefff1
1 - 20 of 35 Posts