Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently started to experience an issue with my driver’s side mirror becoming erratic. Up until this point, I have never had any troubled with “Auto Memory Recall” or “Easy Exit.” Now regardless of how I try to recall a saved position for my mirror, it intermittently drives up or down its’ full deflection. I have never used “Reverse Tilt” but sometimes it behaves as if it’s on---but then again, at times it drives to the sky.
I have tried all the “tricks” and quick-fixes to no avail. These include: pulling the neg. terminal from the battery for 10 minutes, resetting all settings to factory default, trying a new key fob, setting “Reverse Tilt” ON/OFF, resetting both Memory #1 & #2 positions the same for both key fobs (one-at-a-time…and only one present).

My dealer WAS able to duplicate the problem. Based on my symptoms, the GM Tech Adviser in-the-sky recommended my local tech reprogram the Mirror Control Module. I was hopeful as it worked a few times, but later failed again.

I have read MANY posts on this issue and tried every possible remedy. I’m clearly not alone with this kind of memory glitch. Even though this isn’t a huge problem, it shouldn’t be one at all. I might strongly “suggest” the dealer replace my Memory Control Module next.

Stay tuned….

Mirror Memory Issue.JPG

·
Registered
931 Posts
It sounds like replacement of the mirror module should indeed be the next step. --Bob

Reactions: stevette

·
Registered
38 Posts
My Easy Exit and Auto Memory Recall doesn’t work properly either but haven’t had the time to look into it. Ended up turning it off for the time being. Kinda frustrating.

·
Registered
631 Posts
Pete, you may already know this, but if the seat is all the way back against the bulkhead, the Easy Exit and recall features may not work properly. Set the seat about an inch forward of the bulkhead and see if that helps.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My Easy Exit and Auto Memory Recall doesn’t work properly either but haven’t had the time to look into it. Ended up turning it off for the time being. Kinda frustrating.
FYI, my problem occurs even with Auto Memory Recall and Easy Exit disabled. It will happen intermittently by simply pressing the memory and exit buttons on the door.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Has there been any updates on this issue?

Mine 2015 2 LT has stared doing this.

My main issue now is that when I use the "easy exit" feature it tilts my drivers side all the way down. Fortunately, when I start my vehicle, it goes back to its normal position. It was acting even more erratic but after I attmpted to adjust it numerous times this was the best result that I achieved so I left it alone. Even when I turn off all of the "auto memory" options it still does it.

BTW My vehicle is no longer under warranty.

Appreciate any info.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Has there been any updates on this issue?

Mine 2015 2 LT has stared doing this.

My main issue now is that when I use the "easy exit" feature it tilts my drivers side all the way down. Fortunately, when I start my vehicle, it goes back to its normal position. It was acting even more erratic but after I attmpted to adjust it numerous times this was the best result that I achieved so I left it alone. Even when I turn off all of the "auto memory" options it still does it.

BTW My vehicle is no longer under warranty.

Appreciate any info.
I still have this annoying problem. I’m hoping to replace the memory seat module soon. I too am out of warranty and my extended warranty is pretty much worthless.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Classic reason why I have never bought extended warranties and odds are against you that you will ever need them if you are buying something of quality but in the rare time that you do need them. You find that they are worthless with all the exclusions and you are out 2-4k for many extended warranties but the dealers and sales people get a nice commission when people buy them.

I self fund potential problems meaning if the extended warranty is 3k, in my mind, instead of paying someone 3k, I put 3k away or in an account or go to the rainy day fund instead when needed instead of giving it to someone that I have a 75% chance of ever getting a benefit other than piece of mind only to learn later that piece of mind doesn't come to fruition.

A lot of these warranty companies look for ways to not pay for something as that is how they make the money in paying less in claims and than they take in on warranty purchases and you keep having to pay the dealer to inspect the car each time you take it in like you paid $120 and problem still not resolved and would be really frustrating for me as I know it is for you.

Sorry you too are having this problem and wish you well in getting it resolved.

I still have this annoying problem. I’m hoping to replace the memory seat module soon. I too am out of warranty and my extended warranty is pretty much worthless.

·
Administrator
15,703 Posts
As with many things, it depends on your personal experiences. I have had GMs extended warranties on several of my cars, including RedHot, and in each case the cost was more like $1200 to $1400 for 0 deductible and pretty much bumper to bumper. While fortunately, I have not had to use it yet with RedHot (going on 6 pretty much trouble free years), in the past I have used them without any problems for repairs by GM dealers, and the repairs exceeded the cost of the warranties. With the complexity of the electronics and mechanics of these cars, the OEM (I also did it with my Porsche and my Volvo) extended warranties provide me piece of mind as I continue to enthusiastically enjoy my cars beyond the factory warranty period. :eek:nthego:

Reactions: kgrant

·
Registered
975 Posts
As with many things, it depends on your personal experiences. I have had GMs extended warranties on several of my cars, including RedHot, and in each case the cost was more like $1200 to $1400 for 0 deductible and pretty much bumper to bumper. While fortunately, I have not had to use it yet with RedHot (going on 6 pretty much trouble free years), in the past I have used them without any problems for repairs by GM dealers, and the repairs exceeded the cost of the warranties. With the complexity of the electronics and mechanics of these cars, the OEM (I also did it with my Porsche and my Volvo) extended warranties provide me piece of mind as I continue to enthusiastically enjoy my cars beyond the factory warranty period. :eek:nthego:
I agree with you. Cheap insurance as far as am concerned and the first time you are '"unfortunate enough" to need it you will be delighted you have it. Parts for our vehicles are crazy expensive added to $180.00 an hour labor rates . The days of fixing a light out with a $3.00 dollar bulb are gone. I had a turn signal stop working on my 2018 Jeep . Stopped at the parts counter at my local dealer and was stunned to hear amounts like $450. to replace it. When the parts person saw the look on my face he chimed in with that's cheap for some of the parts on your car..It doesn't take long to get your money back on an extended warranty.

Reactions: kgrant and jsvette
1 - 11 of 11 Posts