Stingray Corvette Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else experience this problem?

MrG 69
Soon to be the proud owner of my 3rd Vette, a CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum **

·
Registered
922 Posts
Yes mine on the drivers side resets where ever it feels like it, not where it started from. I think I will just turn off the reverse tilt.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum

·
Registered
10,542 Posts
Yes mine on the drivers side resets where ever it feels like it, not where it started from. I think I will just turn off the reverse tilt.

Sent from my iPad using Corvette Stingray Forum
Do report this to your dealership so they can keep pressure on GM to know a fix is needed!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Mine as evolved over time. I have both mirrors moving on reverse, but when I put it in first afterwards, only the driver side moves to the memory setting and the passenger moves to a previous set point. I have to press and hold the memory seat button again to get the passenger side to move back to where it should be. I say it evolved because previously, both mirrors only went to a set point and I had to press the memory seat button to get both to move back to the proper position i had it set at, but now I only have to do that with the passenger. Over time, the memory seat function, including the mirrors, have gotten better. I am not doing anything different than I was before, but it seems like things are slowly starting to work as they should. Because mine is a manual, I know the exit and memory seating is an issue, but for whatever reason mine has gotten better. There is an extra step for the memory seat function to work for me when entering the vehicle (start vehicle, depress clutch (must be out of gear), press and release memory button) and everything moves to where it should. Every now and then it acts up, but 95% of the time it works as it should.

This is the only issue I have with mine btw. Everything else is fantastic.

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
Anyone else experience this problem?

MrG 69
Soon to be the proud owner of my 3rd Vette, a CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum **
You are indeed not alone with this issue. Try the idea above, but it is a good idea to report the problem to your dealer / GM. It's probably just a reprogramming / re-flash fixable issue, but GM need to get a feel for the number of people that have it. I am always amazed at these sorts of issues where some people have a problem while other not. Then top that off with some folks reporting that they had their problem show up over time. I don't understand how or why that happens?

·
Registered
186 Posts
You are indeed not alone with this issue. Try the idea above, but it is a good idea to report the problem to your dealer / GM. It's probably just a reprogramming / re-flash fixable issue, but GM need to get a feel for the number of people that have it. I am always amazed at these sorts of issues where some people have a problem while other not. Then top that off with some folks reporting that they had their problem show up over time. I don't understand how or why that happens?
I've taken mine to the dealer twice for this and each time they cannot replicate the issue. I've resaved the settings several times and tried both Fobs and still the same inconsistent operation. Just something I'm going to have to get used to since I have no interest in having them spend weeks on my ride trying to solve such a minor inconvenience. Once I've noticed the mirror didn't return to its location I press the memory seat button again and it returns to its rightful place. I think I can handle that.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app

·
Registered
4,607 Posts
... Just something I'm going to have to get used to since I have no interest in having them spend weeks on my ride trying to solve such a minor inconvenience... Sent from my SM-N900V using Corvette Stingray Forum mobile app
Exactly!

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Probably because 1LT doesn't have memory package.

MrG 69
Enjoying every mile in my CGM/Kalahari 7sp Z51 2LT Coupe w NPP, Nav, CF Mirrors/Spoiler and BC Roof
** Sent from mobile using Corvette Stingray Forum App **

·
Registered
71 Posts
My 2015 does the same thing. Guess they didn't fix the issue in the new model either. Have not called dealer yet, but will report any updates.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Hi guys,

We have looked into this for the 2014 model, and hope the below information can be of some help:
Hi duckman714,

I hope the below information is of some use to you! Please PM us if you have any further questions:

The passenger and/or driver mirror returns to its original position when the vehicle is shifted out of reverse, or the ignition is off. This feature must be selected through "Vehicle Personalization" on page 5-42 of your 2014 owners manual. If you're in the reverse position and you make any changes to the mirrors, they will not go back to the driving position. This information is also located on page 2-20 for the 2015 model year.

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi guys,

We have looked into this for the 2014 model, and hope the below information can be of some help:
Hi duckman714,

I hope the below information is of some use to you! Please PM us if you have any further questions:

The passenger and/or driver mirror returns to its original position when the vehicle is shifted out of reverse, or the ignition is off. This feature must be selected through "Vehicle Personalization" on page 5-42 of your 2014 owners manual. If you're in the reverse position and you make any changes to the mirrors, they will not go back to the driving position. This information is also located on page 2-20 for the 2015 model year.

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care
Thanks Marissa, but they do not. Mine is a 2015 and they do change position when in reverse, but do not return to the original set position. Tried with just the drivers, just the passengers, and both. Same result

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Thanks Marissa, but they do not. Mine is a 2015 and they do change position when in reverse, but do not return to the original set position. Tried with just the drivers, just the passengers, and both. Same result
Since the suggested solution did not work, sounds like a visit to your dealer is in order.

·
Premium Member
4,194 Posts
Sorry to hear that! If you would like to message me, I can try and troubleshoot with you before you head into the dealership.

Marissa
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
533 Posts
Can you set the mirrors to go to a set point on rev. I need them to aim down further to allow me to back onto my lift. I had the setting programmed into the #2 setting on my 08' but was hopping you can tell how to aim on rev.

I can't get the mirrors to return to the normal setting unless I push and hold the #1 setting.

·
Administrator
16,489 Posts
Can you set the mirrors to go to a set point on rev. I need them to aim down further to allow me to back onto my lift. I had the setting programmed into the #2 setting on my 08' but was hopping you can tell how to aim on rev.

I can't get the mirrors to return to the normal setting unless I push and hold the #1 setting.
FCCCVPMan, if I am reading your post correctly in your 08 you programmed the mirrors on the #2 driver memory. If you programmed your mirrors using the equivalent of key fob 1 memory 1, but are carrying key fob 2, that would explain why they don't drop on reverse until you press the #1 button.

Reactions: cayennes

·
Registered
533 Posts
FCCCVPMan, if I am reading your post correctly in your 08 you programmed the mirrors on the #2 driver memory. If you programmed your mirrors using the equivalent of key fob 1 memory 1, but are carrying key fob 2, that would explain why they don't drop on reverse until you press the #1 button.
A little confusing..

On the 08' i wanted the mirriors to aim down so I could see the ramps on the lift when I backed into the garage. The only way I cold do this was program that view on the Mirriors on the #2 setting. I would put the car in Rev. and push and hold the #2 I had my setting set to #1

The 15' has a rev. mirrior opt. I just want to see if I can program the mirriors to aim where I want them not just a stock setting so I dont have to do like on the 08'

1 - 20 of 24 Posts